Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game!

Options
  • 12-02-2003 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭

How much do Game buy games from you? do you have to do a trade in or do they just buy them from you and sell them on second hand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

how much they will give you will depend on the game - they will have a list of wot it's worth,from wot i remember they will buy it straight from u but... i could be wrong.

COMBATCOW

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

It seems that they go mainly by the date that the game was released and then give you a price.

Had a PS1 game that I want to sell and they only offered me one Euro for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Had a PS1 game that I want to sell and they only offered me one Euro for it

lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

they'd prob sell it on for €10 too ;)

One of their assitants told me that thats how they actually make a lot of their money. From 2nd hand games :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

The game beside me seems to buy it off you for a third of the full price, and sell it off for two thirds. (eg: $45 game, give you $15, sell for $30)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

From when I worked there (ages ago) it was based on the full price of the game so a £50 game you might have got 10-15 bills for it. Then they'd sell it for £45. Cheeky as ****.

Also it doesn't matter how good the game was something that would sell quick second hand like Vice City or summat you get the same amount for as a piece of crud that had just been released.

Advertisement