Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: Non-DECT mobiles with basestations

• 12-02-2003 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

Really not sure where to post this, so if anyone has better ideas let me know.

Scenario:

Large site (20 acres+) with multiple yards and buildings. Currently using old Sharp Superphones(big white brick) which connect into normal phone line and have pass through at base station for normal handset.

Would like to replace all these handsets with something which will do the same job.

Latest Sharp handsets have crap range and penetration.

DECT has been ruled out as the amount of aerials required internal and external is ridiculous.

Normal mobiles are ruled out, as these phones also need to work as an internal extension.

So, does anyone know of a similar unit, available and legal in Ireland, or any other way around the problem. Have tried the likes of CQ Comms and a few others in Dublin, but so far have drawn a blank.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭MadKevo

Wonder if Private Mobile Radio, based on GSM, will be any good to you - no idea if it's used or licencable in Ireland. Probably very expensive though.
    HTH,
    /MK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Terrestrial Trunked Radio

pircey but works as walkie talkies (direct to each other or thru base) on site and mobile out to the world

look like dect/mobiles

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Cheers lads.

I'll look up some info on them and then see if I can find anyone in Ireland that has any history with this stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Mutz

Originally posted by Occidental
    Cheers lads.

I'll look up some info on them and then see if I can find anyone in Ireland that has any history with this stuff.

The Gardai use Tetra with o2 (Gprs I think). Give their business line a call.
    Also, check out the Nokia website and enter "TETRA" into search

HTH

Advertisement