Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drink price survey

• 12-02-2003 4:15pm
    Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

Not solely to do with the euro coming in, but i'm sure an increase or two was related to it...
    I've made up a simple site to do an informal survey of drink prices. It's here. I'm looking for people to enter in the price of their favoured tipple in their local watering hole.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Tsk. I'm a goon. I never noticed the Irish pubs forum - Typedef - can you move this thread over there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

yes yes.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Another 10cent to be put on every drink coming into effect on Paddy's day. Ah fupp it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Where did you hear that Jonno ???

Am not looking forward to that at all..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

its all one big disgrace! y do they keep puttin our price up y? there certainly not puttin our wages up!!!!!!11 aw i hate it i hate it really recks my head soon we wont be able to afford a simple fúckin drink!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Lisa_Lavish

it cost me 5.30 for 1bottle smirnoff ice in eamon dorans the biggest kip ive ever been&ul never c me in there again!!!cost 4.90 for a pint of smirnoff ice in the bleedin horse.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Its not 10c its about 3/4c. Guinesss are increases their prices on all their products that they distribute ie guiness, bud heini(i think), carlsberg :(, baileys and some vodka.

Due to increases costs they say

Hmph i say

AFAIK it's 4c on beers/stouts and 5c on Spirts. Publicians will probably translate that to "as much more onto each drink as we want, regardless if it is from guinness or not". The monkey gimp boys they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Went to The Village on Wicklow Street in Dublin on Friday.

Ordered a gin and tonic and paid €6.40 for it!!!

I hardly ever go to pubs. Is this normal?

A pint of Smithwick's was €3.80, which seemed reasonable.

I am currently living in Brussels. A gin and tonic in a superb restaurant, last Saturday, cost €5.00.

Also, the measures in Belgium are huge! Frequently free poured.

A gin and tonic here tastes like water in comparison.

The rip-off culture is alive and well.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

last weekend, i was charged €2.50 for a splash of blackcurrant in a pint of water!! i think that's appaling!!! it's just another example of how pubs can charge pretty much whatever they want, and people just don't, or won't complain! bastards

Advertisement