Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GameBoy Advance / Gameboy Games

Options
  • 19-08-2001 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

just got my GBA. what is the best games to get for it one or two games.
    + anyone know where to get the old gameboy Tetris in dublin ?
    +the old supper mario bro, when the GB came out first ?

Coyote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

the best games for the gba now are tony hawks pro skater 2, rayman and castlevania.
    Dont get mario advance coz its complete ballix.
    for the other games have a look in the buy and sell ive found plenty of good stuff there and im sure theyll have what ur looking 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I wouldn't rate Rayman that highly - it looks fab but doesn't play spectacularly well, imo.

Castlevania and Tony Hawks are fantastic, and you can't go wrong with Konami Krazy Racers and Bomberman Advance.

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is out in later September, and it rules - I've been playing it all weekend. Not the huge leap over Krazy Racers everyone seems to expect, but still a damn good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Try Game Exchange or whatever it's called on Talbot St. for old games.

And make sure you get Zelda - Link's Awakening

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Got mine last week and I've been playing castlevania like a champion (that is of course when I have the optimum lighting, planets in alignement) highly addictive gameplay, the DSS system adds alot to the game.

Probably buy bomberman next, although Im hoping for a Zelda game on the horizon, what say you Shinji?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I didn't like Tony Hawks that much. Its a case of same old, same old.

Konami Krazy Racers is better than the SNES Mario Kart in my opinion, though I've yet to play the Super Circuit smile.gif F-Zero and Castlevania are both great as well.

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

For my own Gameboy Advance, I got:

GBA Games:
    Mario Advance
    Konami Krazy Racers
    Rayman

GBC Games:
    Tetris DX
    Star Wars Episode 1: Obi Wan's Adventures

GB Games:
    Tetris (original version)

All of them are great fun in my opinion (particularly the top 2 there) - except for the Obi Wan one which sucks big-time... oh, and I just got the original Tetris for ... well- sentimental reasons, I guess rolleyes.gif - it doesn't seem to be saving the scoreboard correctly for some reason - all the other games are saving data fine.

As to where to get Tetris, there's a shop on Talbot Street, under the railway bridge (I think) that does old GB games... that's where I got mine.

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Shinji:

Mario Kart: Super Circuit is out in later September, and it rules - I've been playing it all weekend. Not the huge leap over Krazy Racers everyone seems to expect, but still a damn good game.</font>

did u get that on import shinji? how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Can't wait to get my hands on the Street Fighter games when the come out on GBA!

Tony Hawk's rules!

I think Street Fighter Alpha 3 is coming out in October.

John (yes THE John!)
    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Castlevania and Tony Hawks are both excellent.
    I played Mario Kart head to head with a mate of mine on the train to cork last friday and had a great laugh. It's good fun two player - no idea what it's like one player.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

ne1 know when the next zelda game is out???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Bomberman is excellent if you have friends. The multiplayer game is brilliant.

I'm more looking forward to the new games that are made rather than just the conversions of snes games. Especially given the cost of them.

- Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Bomberman is excellent if you have friends</font>

Damn

Advertisement