Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advertising

Options
  • 12-02-2003 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I want to ask how far advertising is allowed?
    Sorry when I asked something that perhaps already is written anywhere, but I didn't have lookes in all forums yet.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Generally "our product is great", "buy out product" and "visit our website" isn't allowed. A genuine response to someone’s query is (and it has to be a genuine query). Most mods will allow relevant and useful websites to be included in a useful links post on their board.

Of course you can contact DeVore if you want to get some banner ad.s at a reasonable rate and it will help support boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hi, may I direct your attention to the board entitled Newbie FAQ.
    Thank you kindly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Well done Amp. I'm proud of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Oh no amp nooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by amp
    Hi, may I direct your attention to the board entitled Newbie FAQ.
    Thank you kindly.
    Where in the FAQ, I can't find anything about ads there.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll summarise:

If you make money (which you do from your site) you pay us money. We aint no charity.

If you dont make money but are nice people and we like you, then we'll look the other way and may even give you some banner ads ourselves.

You're sig is too blatant, too big and points to a commercial venture so I'd ask you to alter it please.
    Regardless, we ask that links to site be sized down for politeness.

Specifically, considering you are basically a carbon copy of Boards, I think its a bit much to expect us to ignore big links in your sig saying "come visit our site".

My 2 cent.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 utopio

Originally posted by DeVore
    I'll summarise:

If you make money (which you do from your site) you pay us money. We aint no charity.

If you dont make money but are nice people and we like you, then we'll look the other way and may even give you some banner ads ourselves.

You're sig is too blatant, too big and points to a commercial venture so I'd ask you to alter it please.
    Regardless, we ask that links to site be sized down for politeness.

Specifically, considering you are basically a carbon copy of Boards, I think its a bit much to expect us to ignore big links in your sig saying "come visit our site".

My 2 cent.

DeV.
    Is the standad size ok, or do I have to change the whole content?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Victor

Well there should be. And any excuse to get people to read it anyway.

Now, back in your cage pededanticman! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 utopio

Originally posted by Victor
    Sorry, don't exactly know where to make which post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Umm is having your own website in your sig advertising??
    His website is similiar to mine but different games doesnt look like he is selling anything cant we tout our own websites for those interested in the specific areas our websites cover???

I post in Games regarding my website when we have relevant news that gamers may be insteresting in??http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79545

That was my last one and there were others before it mentioning something that Boards gamers would be interested in.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

theres a pile of member to your site...excactly......z-z-z-eroo

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Umm is having your own website in your sig advertising??

not really, depends on the site, its applicability and whether its commercial or not.

I dont mind members of the community putting links in their sigs but commercial adverts wouldnt be tolerated.

You're site is well within reasonableness imho.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

ugh those forums make me cringe btw, y would ne1 wanna go from this, to the webby wit huge image sigs in em and bugger all boards.

pffffffffff the cheak.

As for kdjac, i have never seen u whoring ur site, so bleh :P

Advertisement