Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"The FAI" : Prime Time Special - Thurs 13th

• 12-02-2003 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Just thought I'd mark your card in preparation for what could be a very interesting piece.

Prime Time:
    Thurs 13/02/03 RTE1 9.30pm

They are discussing the FAI in an extended Prime Time Special. Just saw a few teasers at the end of PT last night. It looks good.

David.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

*video recorder set*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Must remember to watch this one, but I fear it'll only tell us what we all know allready....

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

I'll watch it allright but as Mike said we know what they're like already.

Ba!:mad:

I was at least hopping for Brendan Menton and Milo Corcoran
    video taped snorting cocain on top
    of a suitcase full of used dollars bills!

Brendan O'Brien, who made the programme, went beyond the call of duty dusting down every football metaphor ever uttered...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gatheringdust

didnt really prove anything, did it?
    :confused:
    we all know the FAI is a deeply divided farce of an organisation, so there was nothing new there!

ds.

• Advertisement

Welcome onboard ds!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gatheringdust

thanks mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what a load of cack :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

If it did anyhting, it simply reminded me how bad the FAI...and for so long. You forget about the series of debacles such as George the Greek and the Sean Connoly home loan.

I think the root of the current problem is Milo Corcoran- Too resistant to change.

Originally posted by 80project
    If it did anyhting, it simply reminded me how bad the FAI...and for so long. You forget about the series of debacles such as George the Greek and the Sean Connoly home loan.

Thats true enough I'd forgotten about
    the USA 94 ticket fiasco.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

The thing I found most worrying was that according to the doc the FAI had net income of e35.5mil in '94 and had dropped to e2.2mil in 2003! Where has all this money gone? They were prepared to admit that e7mil was lost through the errorcon park fiaso but that was all.

When Delaney was asked about this all he could say (over and over) was 'uh.... the money has been put into developing the game'. Sounds like complete B.S. to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

The thing I found most worrying was that according to the doc the FAI had net income of e35.5mil in '94 and had dropped to e2.2mil in 2003!

That was €35.5m since 1994, not in 1994. Mick Mc Carthy got another £100,000stg for his bonus. that is 7.15 accounted for anyone else help out here.

Advertisement