Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You gotta love the Irish.

Options
  • 12-02-2003 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

You gotta love the Irish.

This is a transcription the ACTUAL radio conversation between the British and the Irish off the coast of Kerry in October 1998 as released by the Chief of Naval Operations 10-10-98.

IRISH: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

IRISH: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

BRITISH: This is the Captain of a British Naval Ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

IRISH: Negative. I say again, you will have to divert YOUR course.

BRITISH: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER HMS BRITAINNIA! THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE BRITISH ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH. I SAY AGAIN, THAT IS 15 DEGREES NORTH OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

IRISH: We are a lighthouse...............................your Call.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

it's funniness decreases by 50% each time i hear that joke (in all it's forms)

it's now at about .01% funneh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭[Iramus]

lol. THat was class, thats the first time i heard it....its not true is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Raptor666

The version i heard was the US nad Canada. STill tickels my funny bone though.

I wish it wouldnt cos it is kind of annoying having your funny bone tickeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

The funniness also depreciates for every two new countries it involves.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Gwan the Irish!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Defo not real, unless the exact same thing has happened to 10 or so diffrent countries with the exact same words and exact same incident. Funny the 1st time, not the 10th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

you are all going to be banned.... -sigh-

Advertisement