Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

rag week anyone?

• 12-02-2003 7:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

we at gmit castlebar are about half way thru ours atm,
    fun is being had all round.

any galway heads around?
    gmit galway are having theres right now aswell and so are nuig, arnt they?

anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Originally posted by Panda
    gmit galway are having theres right now aswell and so are nuig, arnt they?

yes they are.

Actually had a taxi driver complain to me about that a few nights ago, he'd prefer if they weren't on at the same time so he could make more money.He was well upset :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭D nominater

rag week is the job extra week off before the midterm

where did it come from(or was it always right there just waiting to exist)

do all uni's and it's have them

why don't 3rd level plc 'colleges' and college of commerce type colleges have them (or do some of them?

had a rag week idea there... put a CIT radio broadcasting unit in UCC playing loudly over Rag week with the note "is this some kind of sick joke", couldn't be bothered though and in some ways its pretty lame.......

another idea rag week survivor...last man standing fight to the death....cit alternative to ucc summer exams for skimming out students going into 2nd year etc. ....fairer too....

jese maybe its for the best i missed rag week i mean the arson temptation can only be resisted for so long and i couldnt fight it for a whole week...a whole week!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Rag week is on in trinity this week. And guess what - there isn't a single decent thing on the list for the week. About the only one that raises eyebrows is the fact that there is a blood donation drive going on, trying to get students to give blood. Very clever, sending a bunch of half-cut students to the blood bank. I'm sure the blood board will be getting a massive influx of Type vodka blood, as opposed to the usual type o etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Originally posted by xx
    Rag week is on in trinity this week.

must remember to crash that.

Dit Rag Days was spread out over four weeks this year. Don't know if it was a good or bad idea but early indications are that it was a good one (Rag Ball lost scary amounts of money last year for a variety of reasons. 1 was that it was in the point and another was that there was too much stuff on in one week.).

Half way through now and I think we have a foam party this week. Any news on exactly what trinity are doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

DCU rag week was pretty cool,
    i think they seemed to make a real effort to accomidate most people's music tasts. importantly Indie was not ignored...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Monday and tuesday have passed in trinners, and I've seen more fun in a morgue, to be honest. Maybe I expected too much to see some jackass-style antics?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ours got cancelled half way through cause no one bothered to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

thats terribly poor form Grimes,
    and i thought there was a lot of dry ****es in my college....

what college was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Griffith , it was unfortunate but just a lack of student interest. Most people just go out and get pi**ed in town. It was 10E per event aswell. 5 days in a row. Then on top of Drink. Its kinda depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭arac

People you should have come to ucg, rag week is an entity rather than an event. The whole college stops for the week, the town becomes like a very wet New Orleans, sales of Buckie soar and the craic is only mighty
    ps:
    the hole on the wall/ river inn are the places to be!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement