Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get the best out of an interviewee?

• 12-02-2003 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Give me a job. I can engineer all sorts of crap. I'm THE PARTS MASTAH!

As for being an interviewer I haven't a clue but I heard once of a place that had a table that was only two or three inches high in their interview room. Apparently it freaks out interviewees and you can get a psychologist to tell all sorts of stuff about them by their reaction.

Crazy.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

some of the sticky threads have some good interview questions and answers that you might find useful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I've been to a fair few interviews over the last couple of months and one thing that can really help out both the interviewer and the interviewee is if the interviewer says at the very start of the chat
    "As you are answering my questions, I may interrupt you to ask another question, or if I pick up on some detail as you talk, I might ask you to explain it more.
    Don't take this as my opinion that what your saying is wrong, or me being very rude, just that I want to know your answers in detail."

If the interviewer says this with a smile then the interviewee won't be able to get caught up in waffle, and the interviewer won't be concerned about interrupting to find the real answer to his/her questions.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

mercie - giss a job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Originally posted by logic1

As for being an interviewer I haven't a clue but I heard once of a place that had a table that was only two or three inches high in their interview room.

Crazy.

.logic.

Ohh! I saw that one! I wet my pants and ran from the room gibbering :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement