Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of virtual memory again!

Options
  • 12-02-2003 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Hi 2 probs i have at the mo

first ive inceresed the size of the virtual memory but still get the same error message "running low on virtual memory"
    im using win XP with sp1

ive disabled the start up programs which has helped ,when i go into the task manager and click on the process tab theirs quiet a lot in there using up the memory, im just wondering what processes i can and can not shut down in there .

Also anytime i double click on any icon it starts up fine, except outlook which takes an age, anyone have any idea on what could be the problem here?
    thanks for all your help .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

sounds like your problem is a slow pc. what's your specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

1.8 gig p4
    256 ddr ram
    40 gig hd

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by magick

first ive inceresed the size of the virtual memory but still get the same error message "running low on virtual memory"
    im using win XP with sp1

Is there not an option to let windows manage the virtual memory. I'm not at my xp machine so i can't check.? Wouldn't it be best to lest winXp control that itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I would assume it was set at "let Windows manage this..." until he had a problem and was forced to set it higher himself.

I have the same problem, only when I use DivX Playa though, strangely enough.

Advertisement