Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soul Calibur 2 for GameCube

Options
  • 18-08-2001 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭

sweet.

how did u find this out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Just when you thought it couldn't get any better smile.gif

Will it be a launch title for us?

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Very cool. I think I'll be buying one of these come release day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Its not exclusive to ninty, it will more than likely see life on the ps2 at some stage.
    Also tekken 4 has yet to be said as an exclusive ps2 game but it is set for ps2 release so we could be seeing a return of namco to nintendo, bout time, they were bum chums with the snes smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

the game cube looks like the best of this wave of consoles,the X-box is being very secretive so i cant really compare it 2 that,but the GC games look class.Cant wait till it comes out smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Namco are going to release the next Soul Calibur game, Soul Calibur: The Next Chapter (working title) on GameCube.

Everyone thought it would be on PS2 because the arcade version is apparently being done on a System 246 board, which is PS2-based; however, its now confirmed that Ninty's ickle Cube will be getting the game.

I, quite frankly, am Sporting Wood.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭OConnor

I wonder who they are replacing Mitsurugi with as the "katana weapon" character...
    He was my favorite character ever in a beat-em-up ... frown.gif
    He died in his ending you see..
    Still, great news.
    Maybe Namco will bring the Time Crisis Series out on Gamecube. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Maxi died, (the nunchukus guy always dies) mitsurigi survives as far as I remember

i think you'll find poor Mittsy was left surronded by a group of pirates.. and it says something like
    "he disappeared into the mists of time, and was never heard from again" frown.gif
    Besides , Maxi was sh!te wink.gif
    Stupid Alivin Stardust wannabe biggrin.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

MAXI 0WNZ J00!!!!

Kilik is top man mind.

Looking forward to this little gem of a console from Ninty...

All the best!
    Dav
    curlydav.gif
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 21-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I am buying one of these for definate this made my mind up for me.

OH and ye are clearly mad

Taki is the best, Nightmare second, the Mitsurugi

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

ah go way man voldo and rock ****ing own!

- Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Man causes all problems. No man, no problems. - Stalin </font>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

hmmm, and why would you like Voldo then? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Mitsurugi is back, of this i know for sure.
    As far as whose better in the game , no one is, the entire game is based on a reflex button whacking system, you can beat anyone with any character as long as you have the timing.
    As far as the GC goes, i was tempted to get an import one but i got burned on the n64 so not this time , maybe when it has more games out than last time (ie. games that are actually good)

yay , the soul of mittsy still burns biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Cervantes was easily the coolest (and best) character in Soul Calibur. And i do 0wn all j00r pantal00ns at that game. I rock at it so much that simply 'rocking' is below me at this point. Siegfried was the easiest character to play as (way too easy).

One thing that alwasy bothered me about SC was the plot though... i mean whos ending do they go with for the next game? Obviously, all the endings cant have happened, so unless it was Maxi who actually ended up beating inferno, hes not dead, right?

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I think worrying about the plot in a beat'em'up shows that you have too much f*cking free time smile.gif

Advertisement