Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scotland vs Ireland - Match Details - Warning Scores Inside!

• 12-02-2003 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

8 Mins Scotland 0 - Ireland 1 - Kilbane :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Scotland 0 - Ireland 2 Morrison - 16 minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

GWAN IRELAND!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

roy who :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Hooray Ireland are winning 2-0 and England are losing to the Socceroos 1-0!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Yeay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Johnny Gomez

Now both Ireland and Australia are up by 2. Isn't it just great?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

football gods are smiling kindly on us :p

England have got 1 back thru Jeffers :)

btw Harte sounds like he's having a **** game.:rolleyes:

Gandalf.

Final Whistle Scotland 0 - Ireland 2 good result but pitch apparently was dreadful!!!

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

3-1 to Oz!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by gandalf
    Final Whistle Scotland 0 - Ireland 2 good result but pitch apparently was dreadful!!!

Gandalf.

It was dreadful the surface in that ground seems to be always in a woeful state. Two well taken goals and the rest turned into a typical friendly. Was nice to See Brain Kerr get his first win as manager anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Originally posted by Mountjoy Mugger
    3-1 to Oz!! :)

LOL just listening to the Australian fans chanting "Just Like The Cricket"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

finally, a win! good match.. also delighted to see the aussie's score right when I turn over to sports2 after the ireland match..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think any game where one side changes the entire 11 is not to be taken too seriously...

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Dunno who heard this but I was on the floor laughing, no literally

Quote Niall Quinn "Kilbane is like the Beckham of Ireland" he said at half time.

Needless to say the interview Room went silent for a second :)

I actually missed the first half :( second half was a bit sloppy I thought.

MOTM (from the half I saw) has to go to Carr/Clinton Both of them worked their ass off, but in the end Carr looked the most promising.

rofl@quinn and kilbane.

nice taken header tho but was totally unmarked after a nice run :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I was quite impressed....a thoroughly good professional performance.

Carr and reid combinantion down the right was excellent.
    Breen actually had a good game...im surprised at that.

Hope the lads can keep it up.

One thing that cheeses me off about friendlys is the amount of substitutions. that is quite ridiculous. It sohuld be an honor to play for your country not a joke.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well done to the lads. Great performance. I wouldn't ask for any more than a performance like that.

However, I do still think that Kinsella and Holland are not the right partnership in our midfield. They went to sleep for most of the second half as they normally do. This problem needs to be sorted out either with changes being made in the midfield or Kerr telling them to produce for the whole match. Breen and O'Shea played blinders, as did Reid. But I'll give Clinton Morrison the man of the match (well duh! :) ).

It was a good result but you have to say that Scotland are a very poor team. I'd say Georgia or Albania would put up a better fight than that. We'll need to work alot harder if we want to come out of those games with six points.

G'wan Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

'It was a great night for Irish football. Kerr won his first game in charge, and the English were beaten!'

I never thought Quinny had it in him ;)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Originally posted by kamobe
    'It was a great night for Irish football. Kerr won his first game in charge, and the English were beaten!'

I never thought Quinny had it in him ;)
    Yeah... did you notice how both Scots just looked at him for a second and then started laughing. I thought it was very funny. I don't think they thought he had it in him to say it either!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

who wud of guess england wud of lost to austrailia! my god gwan the aussies!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

John O'Shea was such a beast at the back, never gave the scots any room, and looked so comfortable on the ball bringing it into midfield.

I know it was 'only' Scotland, butO'Shea looks like he'll be a great player for the future, hopefully Andy O'Brien can develop as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I was well impressed with the team performance. Scotland are a truely rubbish team at the moment, Charlie Nicholas was so embarrassed, jebus he was getting bull thick at Berti (Vogts not Ahern) ;)

Thought Clinton played really well, and Carrsy , great to see him back. Kinsella shouldn't be playing at the moment though, he's hardly played at all at Villa this season.

Anyone know a Brian Kerr song yet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippy Brady

I thought most of the team played really well and looked very comfortable. John O'Shea is the most comfortable centre half I've seen dribble the ball into midfield since O'Leary and McGrath. Carr showed that he is still one of the best full backs in Europe. But I think Kerr should of brought on Carsley around 15 minutes after half time to freshen things up because Kinsella went missing. Besides, Carsley is playing alot better at club level than Kinsella and should of started. Hopefully Duff will be on the left wing and Keane will be up front with Clinton Morrison for the next game. If they can play like that in the next game I will be very confident they can pick up 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

With Keane and Duff we Will have quite a solid Attacking and Defensive Team, only problem left to Iron out is Midfield.

The defence, was very tight (bar a few muck ups by Harte).

Kerr likes to build a solid defence so to build confidence.

Doherty, the guy looked so uncomfortable on the ball it was unreal, kept just passing it for the sake of not having it in his possesion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Doherty was a weekness alright. Clinton was holding up ball for better than doherty, and working much harder off it. Kevin, for what it's worth, did play well. But the golden question is (and which Kerr was asked twice (in the same question!) by sky last night), will he play Duffer on the left, with Morrison and Keane up front? I sincerly hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    rofl@quinn and kilbane.

nice taken header tho but was totally unmarked after a nice run :p

I didn't hear quinn say this but I think he might have been refering to a delightfully chipped shot on the instep that Kilbane took from outside the box during the first half? Very Beckham-esque IMHO.

Just don't let him take the frees or Hartes career is over :) Kilbanes too for that matter.

i didnt mean than quinn was refering to the header as beckham esque. I didnt hear the comment so i didnt know what moments he was talking about.

i was just laughing at some one comparing em :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Kerr telling them to produce for the whole match

Don't think it will be that simple, they just don't cut it for me. A fine time was had, a lot of beer was had, and when you drink in the UK you realise how much we are being ripped off over here.

The acid tests lie ahead for Kerr, but he has my full confidence, the Scots probably aren't as bad as we made them look, although we definitely aren't as good as they made us look!

• Advertisement
Advertisement