Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FFX

Options
  • 07-08-2001 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Can anyone give me any details on this like release date?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Quoted from Gamespot Playstation 2 Previews

Final Fantasy X will hit US shores in early 2002; the lengthy localization time is due to the large amount of voice acting, which will be redubbed in English.
    </font>

Heh if you have a good connection, you can get some really cool movies, ihave like 2 cd's of them now.

check them out @ The Final Fantasy Super Site

clear.gif

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 08-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

FFFFFFSSS, so we wont have it for a bloody year?

Get a chip for your machine and import it man, thats what im gonna do.

check it out

Anyways, i will probably be so rapped up im my *box and Gcube that PS2 will be a nightmare long forgotten.

PS2 developers are real lamerz, did you know that most of the game data can fit onto CD-ROM's and that desginers are filling the DVD's with useless content like movies and DVD Audio along with standard AC3, thats like what the designers did when CD-ROM's first came out.

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

[This message has been edited by chernobyl (edited 08-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Oooh FFX is using voices instead of text? That would be intresting to see. I still dont think ill bother with a PS2 though, not even for FFX.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

i think you are slightly wrong there
    the game is still gonna use text
    but there will be voices in the fmv

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Kensai

A shop on talbot street under the bridge used to mod chip ps1s, dunno about ps2 tho.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Voices in FMV's is gonna ruin everything..Takes away your imagination, and knowing them, they'll have a bunch of posh ponses for the main charachter frown.gif

i hate you guys......

I doubt it popinfresh, i have always seen FMV's as a reward in Final Fantasy and voices just add to it.

FF crossed the line from scripted FMV's when the movie was released.

smile.gif

Ashley...if only

Ashley Lyn Cafagna

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Final Fantasy FMV are fantastic(the intro to FF8, mmmmmmm.) and I'll stick a fork through the eye of anyone who says differently.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Well I suppose so, but the 1 thing I enjoy the most about RPG's is the story-lines and if they tell you what the voices are, I dunno, it jus seems to ruin it. eg-Remember Dennis The Mennace, then they decided to make a cartoon-seris about it, They had a posh ponses doing the voices...It just ****ed up my head. mad.gif I'm not saying that Square wont do a good job, I'm saying that some things are best left to the imagination

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

the last ffs sucked compared to 7 so i hope there are some big changes and as 2 getting a chip ul only get the silly verion full of crap WHY?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

whats the point in importing the game????? you're just gonna get a load of stuff in the U.S. yersion that won't be in the european one. and if you get stuck and need to use a guide{ which i have never had to use} and can't find one for the version you have you're fukked ain't ya!!!

P.S........I WANT THIS GAME........

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

There'll be things in the U.S. version that won't be in the EU version? Do you know something the rest of us don't? The actual game doesn't change. The point of importing the game is to play it early cause it'll come out months before it comes out here as they'll need to localize it for other EU languages.

[UK]-Wolf-, the other FF don't suck compared to 7. FF8 had a well developed cast and the story is very different the others as it's focused more on the characters. FF9 stood out with a great combat system that makes it fun to play. They have a lot of similarities but are also very different games.

well in the other FF games for PSX, there were 1 or 2 different things in the NTSC version than the PAL version. And chernobyl, i tried to look at those movies and they lag like flies on shyte, WTF, what size are they ??? i don't got a pc at home do i looked at them in dnc at the lan where there's not much downloading going on and it atill lagged the shyte out of the computer.

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chernobyl:

PS2 developers are real lamerz, did you know that most of the game data can fit onto CD-ROM's and that desginers are filling the DVD's with useless content like movies and DVD Audio along with standard AC3, thats like what the designers did when CD-ROM's first came out.

[/B]</font>

*gasp* NO!
    /me faints at the way those crazy ppl at sony develop their software

(j/k)

shouldn't this have been moved to the RPG board by now????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by popinfresh:
    Voices in FMV's is gonna ruin everything..Takes away your imagination, and knowing them, they'll have a bunch of posh ponses for the main charachter frown.gif

</font>

I doubt it the bouncer also squaresoft had fmv and voices and definitley didnot have posh ponses as main characters voices.

Sometimes I think the surest sign that inteligent life exists elsewhere is that none of it has tried to contact us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">PS2 developers are real lamerz, did you know that most of the game data can fit onto CD-ROM's and that desginers are filling the DVD's with useless content like movies and DVD Audio along with standard AC3, thats like what the designers did when CD-ROM's first came out.</font>

Yeah! How dare they use that extra space to store additional game content! Those ba$tards!

those scum of the earth game developers mad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

FFX will more than likely hold the same protection the jap version has , i got an original from a friend who wanted me to run it on my machine to make sure it wasn't fupped up. It worked fine but the copy he had made of it (all the other dvd copies he had worked) wouldn't load with the excessively priced 100 quid mod chip in his machine.

Square probably wanted to make back the millions they lost on the movie by making you actually buy the game smile.gif

From what i saw of the game, it impressive, not as amazing as they make it out to be.
    Quite bland but beautiful gfx, much alike bouncer, maybe a little more detailed.

Look for devil may cry instead , its just as good (shorter and completely different mind) but at least it comes out over here before christmas, and if you chip your machine you can have a jap copy right now..... i'm waiting on mine.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugs:
    FFX will more than likely hold the same protection the jap version has , i got an original from a friend who wanted me to run it on my machine to make sure it wasn't fupped up. It worked fine but the copy he had made of it (all the other dvd copies he had worked)
    </font>

shhhhh dont mention warez here the mods are on the prowl(spelling?) eek.gif
    shinji and amp will rápe u... just a friendly warning. /me hikes up his briches and flees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

R4pe you say..... mmmm a tempting proposal ......

lol no seriously bugs i had the head taken off me for mentioning stuff like that so just shhhhhhhh cool.gif

Advertisement