Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forcing download of Eircom.net mail

Options
  • 12-02-2003 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

Hiya, how can I force a download of all mail on the server? Mail that's read won't be noticed. Even tried deleting the Mail folder - no luck :( Even resorted to trying LookOut Express - no luck :(. Seems to be a server issue?

Any help/experience on this? Or any ideas what webmail software they use?

TIA

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Log onto it via webmail. http://webmail.eircom.net You should be able to delete all the junk there.

EDIT: Or you could forward it to another mail account if you want hard copies...not sure what you're looking for exactly. Forced download might be done by tech support if they can mark all your read mail as unread, maybe..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm trying to use Mozilla <plug>IE/NS super-replacement</plug> to download sent messages using pop. There's somewhat like 201 messages, so forwarding each isn't practical :(

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Are you trying to download mail from webmail into Mozilla or is it mail that's on the pop server?

In your Mozilla mail folder there is a file called 'popstate' or something like that. Try deleting that and restarting Mozilla.

I made a brand new profile with new mailboxes, no luck :(
    Are you trying to download mail from webmail into Mozilla or is it mail that's on the pop server?

Trying to use pop access. New messages are pulled fine, just that if they're read from webmail (and there are 200 or so read mails there), they won't download through pop :(

Thx for the help so far guys :)

Basically I'm lookin to get all the mail from the server to my PC without going through 200 manually.

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Usually what happens here is when you check your webmail it pops the mail from your pop box into another folder on the webmail server.

So unless there is an option to bulk forward from within the eircom webmail Id imagine your screwed as far as a quick fix is concerned

To confirm this.......

If you telnet in to the eircom pop server on port 110....

Type

user <username>
    pass <passwrd>

and then type

list

If you do not get a list of your 200 mails then that confirms the scenario above with the webmail mails being in a seperate mailbox and you can start forwarding all them mails manually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Snaga
    If you telnet in to the eircom pop server on port 110....

Type

user <username>
    pass <passwrd>

and then type

list

...so I should be able to do a combination of cd and mv to move the mails (something like unix command line?)

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by oneweb
    ...so I should be able to do a combination of cd and mv to move the mails (something like unix command line?)

No, that'll just let you see what's waiting in your mailbox. You can read them and delete them etc. via telnet too.
    Like someone else said, just forward the ones you want from webmail and use mail2web in future.

Advertisement