Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who should be in brysons?

• 12-02-2003 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

so what sort of bands should Old Man Bryson bring in to his fine drinking establishment?
    i think.....
    1) An AC/DC tribute band would be in order
    2) A Guns N Roses Tribute band
    3) MaNaKIn
    4) The Rockers Guide to Funk Rock And Rock N Roll (endo, owen and daves band)

what do you guys think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

I liked Maiden England...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

ye definitely maiden england they rocked..possible metallica tribute?metallitia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah those crazy geordie bastards!
    We want more big name tributes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 351 ✭✭Darkillion

Ten (Pearl Jam tribute)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

over the last two/three years...
    brysons has lacked local talent to play in it... i can remember the days when bands like 'Farsight' and 'dissolution' where playing... it atmosphere was brilliant...

so if they is anything I would like to see... it would be an increase in local bands... like manakin..

<edited>
    im lookin forward to the christy moore tribute band
    <ediited>

• Advertisement

a big-ish band would be cool but wouldnt happen. i liked Swurve so i did. a return would not go amiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

i can remember the days when bands like 'Farsight' and 'dissolution' where playing... it atmosphere was brilliant...

My Brother was dissolutions lead guitarist! he played the les paul copy!
    although he has gone the way of chemical brothers, orbb and leftfield now....he does still rock on the guitar if he plays mine. pity though. they used to practice in our garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Axe

Right, in response to several messages, Manakin, to my knowledge, will be returning on 22nd February for a double header, them and another young band from Dungannon.

There was talk of "Hells Bells" (AC/DC Tribute) making a return visit to brysons around March time, but as far as I know it fell through because they weren't planning to come North on their Irish tour.

There will most definitely be a Metallica tribute in the near future, but i don't know any dates. Not sure of a name either, but it may be Metallitia.

Johnny, do u come to Bryson's often?

The Christy Moore thing, I'm sorry to disappoint you, is not in fact a tribute band, but in fact a play on the life and times of Christy, "Paddy On The Road", it's called.

Swurve will definitely be back, but no dates have been organised yet. When they do come, Manakin will be there, as Swurve have asked them to support again.

Superconor for Enda, Owen and Davey's band to be in, would require some sort of musical miracle on their part, or some sort of loss of sanity on my dad's part. The chances of a band of whom the oldest anyone in it is 15 getting a gig in Bryson's, where there are at least half-decent bands every week, are highly remote. Give them a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by Axe
    Johnny, do u come to Bryson's often?

The Christy Moore thing, I'm sorry to disappoint you, is not in fact a tribute band, but in fact a play on the life and times of Christy, "Paddy On The Road", it's called.

nearly ever week....

:( ... when it said on the web site - Christy Moore Tribute ... i was lookin forward to it...give it a miss then....ah well....

nearly ever week....

That therefore means that I probably know you. Introduce yourself to me next time you come in, i'll be on the door looking extremely bored. You probably know me 2.

The Christy Moore play is ticket only as well, so if you have a sudden change of heart, ask at the bar for tickets.

Also, check out the brand new Bryson's website www.brysonsbar.com .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Manakin

Mm Mister Bryson junior, what date did u say we were on? I was under the impression we were playing on the 28th feb, not the 22nd. Can u please confirm or deny?!?

So sorry Mr "-e", I found out earlier that you guys are in fact playing on the 28th, and not the 22nd as I said earlier. My mistake, forgive me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Manakin

consider yourself forgiven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

ok...Nice design on that site peter..who did it 4 ya?

Whats wrong with all the content?!?!

...its all jus dtrdthbvnbfhfghfghgfjghjghjghjghgfdfagfuyukbnmh

rubber plants back any time soon?

Nice design on that site peter..who did it 4 ya? Whats wrong with all the content?!?!
    My brother, he's a graphic designer. The content isnt all up yet, as you can see, but the siteis useful for findin out dates that bands are in.
    rubber plants back any time soon?
    Yes, as far as i know, they're back in on the 21st March.

hmm, that wouldnt be a bad one to go to, even though im not a great fan of Led Zep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭dudeRancher

Edgeweather, Sooki and Loki.

All great bands. Sooki are from Bangor and rocked out the Rugby Club in Magherafelt a while back. Despite the fact that their mad bastich of a guitarist ripped a couple of strings apart jumping off tables (they so deserved it) and they didn't have any replacements. We had to wait for them to go get a new guitar. (Sigh, Manakin would never be so un-professional ;)). Loki rock too. Only have a few songs but they're all class.

Edgeweather you had not long ago supporting Pulzar. Get them back. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Who should be in brysons?

Me, drinking. Failing that, Rubber Plants, Maiden England or Swurve. Liked them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by pauldeehan
    Failing that, Rubber Plants, Maiden England or Swurve
    Yes, excellent choices. The rubber plants: 21st March, as i mentioned before. I can also assure you that all is being done on my part to make sure that both are back in asap.

excellant

Advertisement