Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

star wars galaxies; clan boards.ie role call

Options
  • 13-02-2003 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

As we can remember, a lot of people showed huge support for a star wars galaxies boards.ie clan last year, and seeing as theres only 62days now until the game becomes playable to everybody, Its time we take a more up-to-date role call on whose going to be interested in forming the clan boards.ie, or whatever name we decide to take. sign teh dotted line..

Tellox

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Aye, count me in (again).

Any official word on server locations yet, or are we all going to have to play on American servers?
    that would truly suck

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

I'd be interested, should be 'entertaining' to say the least...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I dont think it will be good enough to tear me away from neocron.

But you never know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Me and a few friends from around here I spend my LAN time with are thinking of making a guild, if not I'm sure I could get them to join the boards crew, so count me in as a maybe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

i can give it a try , but not going to pay fricking 59 euro for the game.. and what's the monthly cost going to be ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

i can give it a try , but not going to pay fricking 59 euro for the game.. and what's the monthly cost going to be ?

Agreed. Hopefully they will allow us to download the game for free...paying for the CD's and the monthly charge is way over the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Sure, count me in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

not 100% sure im gonna play this from the start... stick me down as a maybe for now plz :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 escapeing death

yeh im in.will i have to order this from abroad or will it be for sale in the country?and yeh i suggest that we become a merc guild based on taatoine as its supposedly the easiest place to start and about the name i dunno na fiana maybe.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I'm in.

The nerd is strong in you young padawan!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Count me in, I'd say monty will be up for it aswell.

HeHeHe, where is the Fat Rodean Restraunt owner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

id love to do something like that but i dont know if 56k would be able to handle it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

As I said before If 56k will play it I'll defo be in! Provided thay don't screw the game up before release.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

haha, im on 512k, at work pissed, just immaggine, i pick a drunked fight with azuka! RAR! saber him to death, or azezil could ride him to death, im so twisted, and this is the third time i've posted ith so i cant be that twisted!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by SpiraL
    As I said before If 56k will play it I'll defo be in! Provided thay don't screw the game up before release.

Ry

too late! :p

It's going to be a Lot more expensive then Neocron, with only one character allowed and combat is based on a card game not twitch based combat.

So it's not going to appeal to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

lol, no politicians, player citys or vehicles? sod that for a lark. I'll buy it when those are in. :)

Plus I'll miss the hordes of fanboy peons who'll join for the free month and leave when their mum won't let them use her credit card. nice.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

count me in for sure :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

they're just trying to spoil it for me at this stage... if that big mmrpg loser Dr. Teeth won't do it then I won't, so there!

Play PS with me then, if it's any good. You *know* you're too slack to do the leveling treadmill anyway. :)

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm in!

And nice sig, Tellox

-DA-

No European servers until October?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

If it aint too expensive p/m.. Im In !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im not going to play this game for at least 6 months or until all the promised features are in it. MMPORPGs tend to suck big time for the first 6 months.

Celt - why the hell do you want a Euro server? Get a bunch of Irish people on a yank server and you have a HUGE advantage over the rest of the server due to the time zone you will be playing at. When you want to go hunting or walkabouts or whatever, there will be very few people on to be in competition with you and your mates/guild. Or you can play on a Euro server and have every other European monkey going for the same spot's your after.

By the way lag will not be an issue on SW:G as its netcode is even better than EQ and EQ never caused me a bit of lag and in most cases I have a more stable connection that all the other players in my guild even tho I was on ISDN and they were on Cable or better.

Side's what the point of playing a Star Wars based MMORPG if I cant play a Dark Jedi and dice Hobbes with my dual lightsaber of uberness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

still intereasted...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

nah it looks pance play PlanetSide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

cheers DA... anyway, Idlers are much appreciated in #swgalaxies, as the sig promotes.

And also, there's a MASSIVE advantage with our time zone difference. The time zone difference means that while the americans are asleep/working/schooling, we'll get the larger share of the exp,items and whatnot.

Most people claim they're not starting until the space expansion, well if your planning on only joining in then so you can fly your spaceships, start re-planning. According to the official website, those who have been playing since the beggining should be able to instantly get in the air, while newcomers will have to go through all the training they missed out on.

This game is sounding more **** cool by the minute, theres a working weather system(Seasons to be added),Day/Nightime system is mandatory of course...over 600(yes, thats right, 600) professions/skills... including dancer, musician, pilot, and of course, the uber-hard-to-get, Jedi, every profession/skill with different ways of advancing in the game. i.e: You learn how to sing, you must practise singing, learning better songs as you go on, earning money off passers-by for your beautiful voice, and even get a group together and synchronise your voices, and goes the same for dancing. (i.e: Monty, Jazz and Kam would be in a nightclub, singing as Azezil gives us an exotic dance, while Im sitting back enjoying my drink...)

And another thing, You can have your friends over and dye/style eachothers hair :p ... great for our girlie nights in...

Originally posted by Venom

Celt - why the hell do you want a Euro server? Get a bunch of Irish people on a yank server and you have a HUGE advantage over the rest of the server due to the time zone you will be playing at. When you want to go hunting or walkabouts or whatever, there will be very few people on to be in competition with you and your mates/guild. Or you can play on a Euro server and have every other European monkey going for the same spot's your after.
    Because I dont want to be on a server with 90%(not really) yanks?

Also, how does timezone give us an advantage when they will be online when we are not? If the server is going to be so full/small that you have to jockey for places to hunt, I don't really want to go near this game.

I played DAoC for a year on the US servers, and it's no advantage at all. You get a server that's less crowded, but where's the fun in that? All the ****-cool big wars and battles happened at US prime-time..

Tizlox all of those skills sound piss boring tbh. :) The kind of people who would spend their time going around 'singing' in an online game are the ones I would want to avoid as much as possible! Oh the lameness.. eep.

Teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    The kind of people who would spend their time going around 'singing' in an online game are the ones I would want to avoid as much as possible!

Or it might be better to hunt them down and put them out of their misery ;)

Advertisement