Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jedis in UK

• 13-02-2003 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭

It turns out that the 2001 census in UK has shown a massive 0.7% of UK population as Jedi! This sky link states that there are mre Jedi than Jews! It also states the fallacy that was thought - if enough votes for Jedi occured it would become a known religion. So it isn't a religion... yet.

I wonder when Irelands census results will be out, I'll get to see my Jedi vote on the big screen in a couple of years I guess.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Yeah and i'm wondering how many of those people actually realised that part of the Jedi religion is meant to be that they can't fall in love - ie. no sex!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭kingconor

Yeah, there's a downside!
    Anyway, i say well done to us!!! Hooray for the star wars nerds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 King of Arrakis

That's pretty amazing!!! Yay, Jedi's!!!

Also I don't think the people who have called themselves Jedi have passed any of the trials....or have even been Padawan. I mean they just can't call themselves Jedi. If they could then I could just as easily walk around calling myself Yoda and banging people on the head with my walking stick. I mean just cause i'm 3 foot nothing and green doesn't mean I can do this!!!

Respect not do these young ones! Great is my anger towards them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Originally posted by ][cEMAN**
    Yeah and i'm wondering how many of those people actually realised that part of the Jedi religion is meant to be that they can't fall in love - ie. no sex!!

i doubt many of the people who put down jedi as their religion would need to worry about getting less sex than theyre currently getting :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

lol, well said rich - you cannot have less than no sex.

hang on why am I laughing at that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Zaphod B

Jedis can't have secks?
    No wonder they all went over to the dark side... My sympathies have completely changed now. Go empire! Go empire!

I'll bet Darth Maul gets all the women!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by richindub2
    i doubt many of the people who put down jedi as their religion would need to worry about getting less sex than theyre currently getting :)

lol nice 1 Rich-

Are jedi's on the dark side allowd to get funky ?

Tusky I think part of being on the dark side is that they tend to not follow any rules...

• Advertisement

Hey now, was anakin skywalker not a jedi, or did he not make it the whole way through?

Yeah but Anakin turned to the dark side and became Darth Vader.

Therefore doing the maths: Never sleep with beautiful women as you'll end up with two kids, a boss that wants to kill you at any chance he gets and when your son comes looking for you - you end up paying an arm and a leg!

(hehe, well maybe not the leg)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Originally posted by Gordon
    It turns out that the 2001 census in UK has shown a massive 0.7% of UK population as Jedi! This sky link states that there are mre Jedi than Jews! It also states the fallacy that was thought - if enough votes for Jedi occured it would become a known religion. So it isn't a religion... yet.

I wonder when Irelands census results will be out, I'll get to see my Jedi vote on the big screen in a couple of years I guess.
    tHAT WAS A LOAD OF BULLSHíT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

wasnt bull****. In Australia they threatned court action if any one put down Jedi, something about defacing official documents i think was the basis

Why was it bull?

Advertisement