Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish BF 1942 server?

Options
  • 13-02-2003 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

How can we get one of these the IGN board seems dead.

Is it possible to get a game server other than CS?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not a snowballs chance in hell with the current state of the servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

What's wrong with the servers Rev? I'd love to see an Irish BF 1942 server :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I h8 having to play on the english servers, its sucks a big donkey!

UP TEH IRISH CS..erm...BF SERVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I want an Irish BF server. Somewhere we BF players can all call "home" :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hmm add me to the list of WE want an Irish BF server .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

It's all very well saying 'we want a server', but who's going to pay for it? Back in the days of IGN TFC, I was thinking we should ask eircon to provide one, because thought they'll make no money directly from it, pretty much everyone who uses it would be on the errorcom network and paying them money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

atm two of the IGN servers are down. so right now there's simply nowhere to put one (atm theres only ns and nwn servers ). Maybe the radox/jarhedz guys could help u out there.
    That said there are game server providers from whom you can rent servers for a few quit a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Gamire would be happy to do it but we're just about to move the server so it woudn't be for a week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Shame blueyonder isnt over here.
    No offence but i really really want to see an irish flag in ASE :)

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

so why doesnt somebody with a nice chunky pipe set up servers in the evenings, post the info here, and we can all play along.

• Advertisement

No way anyone in Ireland has the bandwidth to host a BF server for 24+ players.

Needs mega bandwidth.

kdjac

Originally posted by KdjaC
    No offence but i really really want to see an irish flag in ASE :)

I know, i do too :)

I strongly doubt JarHedz will be able to host a BF server (sorry lads) as, to the best of my knowledge, they only have one actucal server.

I think a Irish BFserver should only be about a 16 or 20 player at most so it can keep us 56k'ers happy :) .. And it should be names "Winters 56k BF server" too, well its just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

ah, my mind is cast back to the days of the irish dod server:(

how ill miss her.................

[up irish bf server!!!!!!!:D ]

Well, while it comes to mind, we need more then one BF server. We need two, one for Eve of Destruction

Here are the reasons:
    uh1.jpg
    M603.jpg

dont ask me why i did this post. I just want to see thoese pictures really, arnt they nice :)

screw that >

A10%20with%20guy.jpg

hmmm

kdjac

Hey, Desert Combat can be used until EOD is out. hows that. Now im gonna go off and play Desert Combat.

But what about Forgotten Hope?? (one of our mods is working on that DaCrapper made some awesome models check our database for DaCrappers tank mod )

Tho that Stargate mod looks interesting , some good ones coming out damn them and their easily modded game :(

kdjac

Advertisement