Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thumped.com

Options
  • 13-02-2003 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

whats the story with the thumped board?

are they always so hostile?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dubh

with all respect mr. pope, its all for the craic! I apologise on behalf of all the incredibly cool and nice people I've met in person from thumped-- if you've been the receiver of any unwarranted bollox, please tell me who its from and I'll kick their sorry ass for ya! Thumped is a really good resource for anybody doing their own music or just wanting to talk about music. I'm from the states and seriously I am stunned how many fekn excellent bands there are here in Ireland-- and I've been exposed to them through thumped(its only my own ignorance I haven't been around this cool site sooner)--bands like dudley Corp(at ballroom of romance tomorrow!!!), Yakuza from belfast, Aurel from Sligo, delorentos from Skerries, Holy ghost Fathers, from...? Obsolete from Meath, Morello from dublin, sheesh that's only the bands I've had the extreme pleasure of working with/hearing over the net, I couldn't begin to name all the great original bands I've heard through thumped... so to recap :D they're good kids, just sometimes they're slaggin' potty-mouths. ah but whaddya expect from a buncha young culchies!?! (ohhhh **** NOW I've gone and done it!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

As usual i'm gonna stick my oar in here, Thumped is a fantastic resource for music fans and bands alike. I don't know where this idea of everyone there being hostile came from. I've been posting on thumped for the best part of 2 years now and no one has ever been intentionally nasty to me that i can remember. Yes, there are some muppets there, but there's muppets everywhere, sadly that's just a fact of life. People need to forget about this them versus us thing that goes on. The phantom board is very similar, it's a board that's mostly posted on by nice folks who like music, just the same as thumped is. There's muppets who post on the phantom board too, it's not a problem purely rooted in thumped. Anyone who's been abused or made fun of on thumped is very likely to have brought it upon themselves. There's a suggestion of cliqueness on thumped that has been addressed numerous times on this board and on thumped, yes people on thumped know eachother and hang out together, i don't know many of the people who post on thumped personally and i don't hang out with them but that doesn't make them bad people. In the same way there's plenty of people on this board who are friends and go to the same gigs, that's just Dublin for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello all,

Just to give my two cents worth too. I really enjoy Thumped and yep, agreed with the previous posters there are some muppets posting but a lot of good people too. Just be thick skinned, and dont take it to heart!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Thumped is great for 4 reasons.

Because i can say...

1. ****
    2. ****
    3. ****
    4. Mother****er

I love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

I hate them all.

Shower of ****s the lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

Hello again,

Forgot to mention, that most at thumped are good people, except of course for Pete, who's nothing but a flippin troublemaker. You trouble talking guy you!

Regards,

Pete Reed
    Phantom FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

yadda yadda.
    its a website.
    maybe the message board you don't like, the website itself is deadly.

Advertisement