Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best camera phone????

• 13-02-2003 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

I am interested in buying a new camera phone and was wandering does anyone have any idea which one is the best camera phone: panasonic gd87, sharp gx 10 or the nokia 7650. I personaly see the nokia as being to bulky, the sharp is meant to have a number of faults such as poor battery life, while the panasonic is good but has an awful clam colour..... any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

From a number of reviews ive read ive gathered that basically its a trade off between camera quality and size: if you want better pics you make do with the size of the 7650, if you want a smaller phone you make do with the lower quality pics from the other two.

I went for the 7650 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

I had both sharp and nokia

I wouldn't touch the sharp with a barge pole

only get the sharp if your interested in the way it looks and are not bothered over function's

the nokia looks like a brick, but when the cover is closed its teh same size as a 3310 (heightwise)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

I've used all 3 and this is how I rate them (1 being best) :

Features :
    1. Nokia
    2. Sharp
    3. Panasonic

User Friendlyness :
    1. Nokia
    2. Panasonic
    3. Sharp

Quality :
    1. Nokia
    2. Sharp
    3. Panasonic

Attractiveness :
    1. Panasonic
    2. Sharp
    3. Nokia

Overall :
    1. Nokia
    2. Sharp
    3. Panasonic

V10 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

OMG you've all left out the best phone! The nokia 3650! By far the best.

+Supports MMC cards. Means you can have a memory of 131.5MB inc phone memory!

+Better quality pictures than the 7650! sample

+Supports video recording.

+tri-band

the list goes on, you can read about it on nokia's site

It comes out in ~2 weeks! I am waiting for mine to arrive in the post!

+it LOOKS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Go for the Nokia. It's more bulky and has a fairly crap battery life, but that's the height of it's limitations (having used both the 7650 and the Sharp GX1). The ability to install third paty software (be it J2ME or Symbian based) is hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by stereo_steve
    nokia's site

Thats the most retarded thing ive ever seen. What possesed them to redesign the standard numbering system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 darkphantom

I've actually just seen a new phone on the way which has brilliant features(although no infared which is a huge draw back), looks beautiful and is almost perfect its the samsung v205, sadly though its not available until early april in the uk, while it is currently out in mainland Europe i think its called the v200 in europe while its v205 in America, Any taughts???and does anyone know where I can get one early which will work on the Irish networks.

Areview of the samsung v205/200 can be found at : www.mobiledia.com/reviews/samsung/v205/page1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Edser

Quick question on the gd87 vs. the gx10, I heard something about donloading pics, on one phone you must send it to your providers website and then download it?

Can anyone clarify this?

Ed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Eircom stores are doing the 7650 for €99

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Thats the most retarded thing ive ever seen. What possesed them to redesign the standard numbering system?

not to mention looking terrible its also awful to text people with, im told :E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Originally posted by richindub2
    +it LOOKS ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE? :)

It is...i was thinking of getting one until I held one my hand. Its absolutely HUGE ... if u want the new snazzy features u pay for it in size.

Im waiting for the 7250 ... no bluetooth tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

I love the 3650! Its not that big! Smaller than the 7650! The keypad is strange, but I think I'll get used to it fairly quickly. It has fantastic features though!

3650vs7650-1.jpg

I just downloaded "ICE AGE" to watch on it! Theres enough room on the MMC card for two films at a time! :eek: (~45MB a film) still leaving ~40MB for apps !

Before you say it, the films are watchable! Apparantly the quality is very impressive. The downside is, the films have to be in mono and at 15fps. Still excellant!

It might a little strange but its packed full of features!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭v10

Originally posted by michaelanthony
    Eircom stores are doing the 7650 for €99
    ....On a bill of course.

and if you change your 086 number to 087 - you can get the 7650 for €49 at The Phone Stores
    Im waiting for the 7250 ... no bluetooth tho
    You'll be waiting a while. I have the 7210 which the networks here haven't approved yet and I'm also waiting for the 7250, but it looks like it will be July or August before the networks sell it here.

V10 ;)

What do people think of the panasonic gd87????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

[/i]You'll be waiting a while. I have the 7210 which the networks here haven't approved yet and I'm also waiting for the 7250, but it looks like it will be July or August before the networks sell it here.

The 7210 is on o2 since last week. The 7250 will be available early summer im told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 FoneFreak

Considering the 7210 & 6610 took 4 months to get from release to vodafone approval, I doubt the 7250 will be available early summer since it hasn't even been released yet.

Vodafone's suppliers are expecting their deliverys of 7210 on 17th March.

O2 have got them in at old price, hence high price of €359 - vodafone are awaiting new batch which should sell at €299 with contract or €499 without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

ive a 7650 and im happy with it :) only things thats bad about it is the fact im on vodafone :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

to be honest i dont understand why anyone would want a camera on their phone :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

I have a gd87 and it seems far superior to the sharp most of my mates have.
    Theres only one problem it dosent support java games. so if you wanna play games on your phone the gd87 probly isnt the phone for you.
    It has one sheep hearding game and there are no plans to make any new games for the phone.
    The camera and browser is far superior to the sharps, it also looks alot cooler.

Advertisement