Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 13-02-2003 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

So what's the deal here? Has anyone noticed any changes in their delivery times?

I've always considered them an extremely well run company, never had any problems with them, but since Christmas their standard of service seems to have faltered somewhat.

Last year I got my payslip on a Monday. 99% of the time it was on the doormat by 11:30am every Monday morning. Since Christmas, it's arrived most Tuesdays. In fact, since xmas, we haven't received any post on Mondays, and then received a ****load of post of the Tuesday (I ordered a lot of stuff online after Christmas). Wednesday seems to be out of their regular rotation in my area too. And the times have become erratic. It used to be between 11 and 12 am every day. Now it sometimes comes in around that time , but more often than not will arrive in about 1 o clock, and a couple of days it's arrived in after 3pm.....

Anyone else noticed a deterioration in their area? I'm in Lucan btw

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

The best thing to do is to ring your local sorting office and ask if anything has changed, maybe you've a new postman and he has a new routine / way of doing his rounds. I know they had a lot of trouble over the christmas period and had a load of stuff backlogged but that should be all "sorted" :) now .....

or check the website for customer service numbers .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

A little birdie recently hinted that they were ****ed for cashflow???

they are also opening three new large depots soon or have opened???

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Yeah I queried this with one of the local Donnybrook guys (about 3 different guys do my route), he says yes they still deliver on Mondays, but I (nor my neighbours) never seem to get post on Mondays. Monday is typically the busiest day of the week for them.

Some possibilities are your payslip isn't being processed or posted in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

My postman is terrible, he delivers the post anytime between 1 and 5 and it's usually closer to the latter.
    The old postman used to have it delivered by 9 or 10. The guy doing it now has been doing it for years and the reason he takes so long is because he goes into one of the shops and talks for ages.
    People are gonna start reporting him soon, if they havent already, he used to have it delivered by 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

my dad's an An Post sorter and has been for 40+ years. I'll try and get some exciting insider info and rush back and tell you all. Although if I ever ask him anything like that he always starts on a rant about unions and former governments and conor cruise-o'brien in particular and well, actually, I don't think I'll ask if that's all right with ye.

Post is fine in Raheny if anyone's wondering.

Roxy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The world has far too many Croooooser stories already. Get him to tell you the juicy stuff so you can spill it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

And sure enough, yesterday we got post for Eglinton Road, Bray
    (I live on Eglinton Road, Donnybrook).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Today I found out we have a new postman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

my parents sent me a letter on saturday (from scotland) and it still aint here yet :(

usually always takes 3 days, but 5 days really is taking the pìss...

even worse it had £30 in it :mad: :mad:

(yes i know about sending money through mail, but it always gets sent in a jiffy bag brown envelope, and not once has it never got here!!)

if i found out the postie snatched it... (then i can do nothing.. apart from complain on here!) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Anyone else notice some of the changes at your local post office, the familiar "POST" sign (which IMO works well in both English & Irish) is being swapped for a new sign saying "PostOffice" with "OifigAnPhoist" in smaller font to the side. The colour seems to have changed as well to green/turquoise shade.
    There's a new logo also, in a ">" shape, though what its all supposed to repesent is beyond me. And is it just me or does the new look have a few similarities with UK post offices? I've just one question about all this...why?

• Advertisement
Advertisement