Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange 5.5

• 13-02-2003 4:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭

having a bit of a problem with people using my exchange server as a smtp relay BASTARDS !!!

Anyway if i disable smtp relay in my IMC will that also disable users form sending/recieving mail form pop accounts ?

Is there a better way to deal with this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

Had the same problem.

Followed these instructions and it put a stop to them.

Your still able to collect messages via pop3 but I'm not sure about sending - I'll have to give it a go one of these days.

Patrick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    having a bit of a problem with people using my exchange server as a smtp relay BASTARDS !!!

Yeah open relay is a bitch. Also can be used by spammers the guide below i have not come across before it looks quite good. Also if you have a firewall running on your windows box and take a look though the logs for people connecting to telnet on port 25 you should be able to grab the poeples IP's who are relaying from your server. I was going to paste another link but give that a try.

Regards

Advertisement