Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

seattle based producer/engineer available in Ireland

Options
  • 13-02-2003 5:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey y'all, I'm a producer/engineer/smiley geek from Seattle here in Ireland until end of April, I've come over to work with some great bands and am available for anything recording/audio related at VERY reasonable rates. My basic rate for engineering/whatever is €125/day--I'd rather work a lot at this rate than very little at a higher rate! And of course I'm flexible depending on the budget involved/days needed. Since about 1990 I've worked with well over 300 bands and solo artists, in every imaginable genre and style of music. I especially enjoy helping people get results that surpass their initial expectations. I'm very enthusiastic about this, I reckon that life is too short (and recording too expensive and often stressful!) for bands to work with recordists who look at it as just a job. I always aim to make the whole process as painless and fun as possible. So far in Ireland I've engineered/mixed/mastered stuff for the Dudley Corp, Stoat, Obsolete, Morello, the Holy Ghost Fathers, and will be doing upcoming full-lenght projects for Morello, Delorentos, and Yakuza. In seattle I've worked as engineer/producer/pro tools editor/whatever with the gossip, the Need, Carrie Akre, Crushcoat, Harvey danger, Francis Nash, Hoover Cain, Square of David, the Diablotones, various members of soundgarden, pearl jam, the presidents of the usa, peter buck, cornershop, plus of course tons of maybe less well know but equally excellent bands. I've been in contact with several studios to fit a variety of project budgets and needs, and I'm always willing to mix/edit/record in home or rehearsal room setups. Feel free to PM me, email me at dubh@cluas.com or ring me on 087.248.7547.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

This man is a recording genius...there is nothing that Dubh does not know about recording...you should take advantage of his time here in Ireland...you will not be disappointed! Take a look at the recording forum on www.thumped.com, and you'll see for yourself how skilled this fella is at his craft.

Best Regards,
    A satisfied customer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭Holyghost

Dubh Rules!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Is he better than Mixerman?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Beany

Originally posted by The FANJ
    Is he better than Mixerman?

For all we know he could BE Mixerman, seeing as we haven't heard from the Mixerman diaries since before Christmas. Dubh arrived to Ireland after christmas...co-incidence? Yes, probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dubh

hey now.....whoa horsey! If I were mixerman, I'd have shot myself long ago... please hire me! I'm a workaholic and if I don't work I get....disturbed.... besides I'm cheap. And easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

Dubh my good man,
    Thanks a million for the advice on recording drums...

I finally got a good sound from the kit. Brilliant

The kick is 200% better but still lacks a bit of volume. The snare bleeds into the track too much.

Anyway... best of luck.

Keith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Hi,

Currently recording a full length album with Dubh, I must say I'm very impressed by the way he works... he really knows his stuff and actually listens to you.

Highly recommended to anybody! :)

If you want to have an idea of how he works, a detailed recording diary is available at www.morellorocks.com

Cheers, A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

if i could only borrow a drummer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

Oh, and Dubh is a drummer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

he told me he'd find me one,
    not sure if that meant finding himself though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Give him a ring and he'll sort you out. I'm meeting him tonight, if you need me to tell him anything just send me an email -> info@morellorocks.com

Advertisement