Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEXT WED, Feb 19th: CAVE IN with Special Guests, Berkeley!

• 13-02-2003 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

CAVE IN
    Plus Special Guests, BERKELEY
    Whelans, Wexford St, Dublin 2.
    Next Wednesday, February 19th '03
    Tickets: Just €13.00 (inc. booking fee)
    Doors: 8:00pm.

Following their recent tour support slot with the Foo Fighters at The Point, CAVE IN return to Ireland for a Dublin show next Wednesday, February 19th as part of a series of UK & Ireland dates!

"Cave In's a great band. They're really f**king cool..."
    - The Foo's DAVE GROHL

"If Billy Corgan was a decade or so younger, this is how the Smashing Pumpkins would've sounded..." - NME.

The new Cave In album, 'Antenna' (their debut for RCA) is out in March.

They're currently recording a number of new tracks for inclusion as B-sides for future singles from the album. The tracks include 'Harmless, Armless', 'Down The Train' and 'Gentle Giant'.

They've also done a cover of Codeine's 1991 track, 'Cave-In'.

CAVE IN, The Live Experience:
    "By the encore, Cave In are running around with their guitars over their heads in the middle of a version of Led Zepplin's 'Dazed and Confused'... Brodsky's going through some major histionics - holwing into the void you could say - while guitarist Adam McGrath earnestly slides a toy raygun up
    and down his strings..."

CAVE IN are:
    Stephen Brodsky (vocals/guitar)
    Adam McGrath (guitar)
    Caleb Scofield (bass)
    John-Robert Conners (drums)

Special Guests for this show are BERKELEY.

Their debut album, 'Hope, Prayers And Bubblegum' is out here and in the UK on Friday week, February 21st.

They've already had a Single of the Week from The Independent and 4 K's from Kerrang! This is set to be their year.

Doors open at 8:00pm.

CAVE IN
    SPECIAL GUESTS, BERKELEY
    WHELANS - FEB 19th '03!
    Tickets on sale now from Road, Sound Cellar and Ticketmaster outlets.

Don't miss!

Think there's a Cave In special on The Doghouse on Phantom this Saturday night...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I will be there. Expecting to be blown away.

They better play Dark Driving, or I'll shake my fist...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Morello

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Expecting to be blown away

Berkley are alright but I saw Cave in at the point and thought they sucked, is that album any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Depends on what you like...

Get on Kazaa, and download the following:

Off the album Jupiter: Big Riff, Jupiter, Brain Candle, Innuendo And Out The Other

Off the ep Tides Of Tomorrow: Dark Driving, Come Into Your Own, Callous(this is a cover, but to notch anyway)

I wasn't overly impressed at the Foos either, only lasted three songs then went for another beer. I did say they would work so much better in a smaller venue, like the Ambassador or such like. Whelans will suffice.

Let me know if you enjoy...

Advertisement