Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CandC Generals

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I do not need to be fleeced for a licence fee due to nVidia selling it's cards below cost to recoup it onthe software.....

Don't talk crap. There is no license fee on PC software. It's only console hardware which is subsidised by license fees on software sales; all PC hardware manufacturers sell their products at a profit due to the lack of any credible licensing system.

Venom - my sentiments exactly, to be honest. You should have seen the C&C fanboys explode in flames when I stated this in a review, though.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

Originally posted by Venom
    (continued)Hopefully Blizzard (who havent made 1 crap game yet) will not look at this peice of ****e as the future of RTS games and go and release a knocked up load of crap under the WC or SC logo.

They never did , Blizzard must be the one company i have faith in delevering a good product and original.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Well, Im going to go out on a limb here and say that Generals seems far more interesting to me replayability wise (Multi and skirmish) than WC3.

WC3 was a better single player game (mainly due to the vastly better story), but the superhero centric game style does not gell well with me. I find multiplayer a tiresome hero spell race.

Matt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I second that Matt , i hated that building up heroes thingy too.
    Anyone doubting Generals would be well served if they went out and bought it in Game ,if u like u keep if u dont get refund easy!

Hey Shinji , i know at least five guys who made comments about your review on Eurogamer and i can tell you they are all far from CandC fanboys.Infact they were very critical of all CandC games up to now.TBH its unfair to label people who disagree with your review " CandC Fanboys".
    Ive said it already and ill say it again your review was the most negative one of Generals i have read.You mainly focused on single-player end of things and TBH most only buy CandC for Skirmish and online play.
    Your a decent reviewer ,ive read lots of them but the guys i refer to say you will never give a PC game a good review.

I just posted a big list of games which I've reviewed on the PC recently which I gave good scores to....

The majority of the comments I got on that review were from people sent there from PlanetCNC.com - and I don't CARE what hardcore CNC fanboys think. I didn't write a review for them; they'll buy the bloody game ANYWAY. Eurogamer's audience is not made up of hardcore PC gamers who read PlanetWhatever websites.

My comments on multiplayer were simple - it's competent but nothing special, and the skirmish AI and netcode is appalling. There's not a lot else to say about such an unremarkable aspect of the game. Also, the "majority" of people who buy the game do not buy purely for multiplayer by any means - most PC gamers are still singleplayer fans, according to every survey I've ever seen done by a publisher.

Oh well. The world will always be full of people who believe that THEY represent the target audience of everything and blow their tops when something doesn't pander to them specificially :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You can say what you want Shinji but your still on my group of 12's hit list. We represent a worldwide club devoted to shun shun hamster unicycling fantatics. Your on the list because you gave shun shun hamster unicycling such a bad review.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TBH i can imagine a reviewer getting pissed off about a particular fansite through its forums or whatever saying for example " that bloody reviewer gives our beloved game the worst review ever ,lets go and give him hell "
    In fairness Shinji m8 that would wreck my head .
    I or a lot of guys i know are definitely not CandC fanboys ,hell i got rid of Red Alert 2 after 2 days,some say im mad but it didnt exactly blow my hair back.
    To me the game is fun fun fun both online and offline,dont know about poor netcode im on ISDN[hardly the fastest] and its flawless.Yeah AI at times does weird stuff but overall its good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Wook thats what I mean. Blizzard release a game when they think its ready and to hell with timetables, and this shows in the quality of the products. They even canned the WC based point and click game that is refrenced alot in WC3, as they felt it wasnt up to the high level they demand there games to be.

Shinji I saw the amount of flames from the C&C website and nothing your going to saw will ever make retards like them even consider any other point of view. Hell I feel sorry for ya bro for even having to review an EA game.

Originally posted by Matt Simis
    Well, Im going to go out on a limb here and say that Generals seems far more interesting to me replayability wise (Multi and skirmish) than WC3.

WC3 was a better single player game (mainly due to the vastly better story), but the superhero centric game style does not gell well with me. I find multiplayer a tiresome hero spell race.
    Matt

sorry but did you try Skirmish ? It's the same AI , the same faults and even on Brutal if you have some kind of economy up and running ...you win. It's harder yes yes, but RE-playability hmm dunno, used to like the previous versions of C&C because of the single player. And this one also has an cooked-off 'Experience' game element.. the more you kill .. the better options you got ...where do you think they got this idea from ? :)
    Not willing to be dragged into a WCE3 and C&C slagfest...C&C looks spectacular, some of the missions are fun, but the AI in single-player skirmish is crap and is build to be played on the internet. If your like me then you will not count the seconds untill the first building can produce a tank compared with the distance of your harvester speed matrix and co.

I think it's time to introduce 'RANDOM' again in games..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

"Shinji I saw the amount of flames from the C&C website and nothing your going to saw will ever make retards like them even consider any other point of view. Hell I feel sorry for ya bro for even having to review an EA game."

thats ridculous you'd swear EA never released any good title, what about MOHAA and Battlefield 1942 to name a couple, also the sims are good craic and i liked ra2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Wook, I think randomness is no longer in games because fan boys will moan and rant about how 'skillless' it has become, or some other stupid reason and will moan and rant (even more so than usual :eek:). However I agree with most of your post, but playing on brutal isnt that easy, because the computer builds unlimited money machines (hackers/black market/supply drop offs) so games can really drag on, Brutal enemy is easiest with the chinese though I find, early Troop Crawler rush on their supply's will slow them down enough to build another 5 troops crawlers, and bring the fight to him rather than defending then nuking him to death.

However I agree that the game is designed for on-line play, its the ultimate LAN party game, having a CnC LAN this weekend which will be fun, when it was released we were in the middle of a LAN and a friend brought it over, played it for 3 days solid :eek: (until the LAN ended and then i went for some half life and boards )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    [B
    thats ridculous you'd swear EA never released any good title, what about MOHAA and Battlefield 1942 to name a couple, also the sims are good craic and i liked ra2 [/B]

MOHAA made by 2015 then 2015 dumped and Spearhead made in house in less than 7 months by EALA. Less said about that the better.

BF1942 made by DICE ,Ea enforced them to remove 4 Italian maps from the game and WAALAA 6 months later Road to Rome is on the shelves featuring a WHOLE 6 new maps that were meant to be in the original game.

Havent got C and C yet keeping checking this post every weekend to see if it will change my mind :D

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

that doesn't stop the games being good, i enjoy them

btw this Post is about C&C generals, NOT shinji's ability to review a game or not :)
    If you don't like his reviews, stop reading them and read others..like ours .. in the ..post.

If you don't like his reviews, stop reading them

No no no no! Read them even MORE if you don't like them! Hits = money! :)

just one thing for the people who work for those sites which they get their pay from.. stop putting in names such as 'game-games'playing- etc etc' i think most people access those sites from work and most companies these days have blocking software which blocks words like these soo they are not accessible...do i make myself clear ?! :D

Advertisement