Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Watch List

Options
  • 13-02-2003 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I already suggested this in this post and Shinji say it would make a really cool mod for us to hack at. So here i am posting about it.

Ya know the way we have a ignore and buddy lists. Why not have a "Watch" list. A list of users we suspect are up to no good, with a little comment beside each one as to the reaason why there on the list.

Why not have 2 differnt types. A community one, where all the mods and admins contribute and a private one for each individual mod. The latter is the one I need, because i have a bad memory and keep forgtting what user did what. And whos the one that really needs an ass kicking

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I know this is an old post but Im only just browsing this forum now...

anyway, agree! there are afew posters I am suspicious of, and would love to have a watch list, both private and one for all mods/admins... I would write them down on pages, but they always end up getting lost... and I'm forgetful (hence the need)

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

A possible development is what type (or grouping) of rule they are breaking which comment. Making it easy for Admin/Mod to take action.

i.e if the user was breaking the sig rules. they would be put under sig police grouping aswell as the community one/private one... once action was taken by Admin they would be removed.

:dunno:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

You're both mods, did ye read the thread that Keeks links to?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Originally posted by ecksor

i did briefly read over it.. i did see the DPA comments - its a nice idea but tbh trying to get 782 has fried my head :confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

ecksor wrote:

well would there be a way to keep track of dodgy users without putting boards.ie in a legally dangerous situation?
    Perhaps just a list of watched would be in order, without individual notes... or even their user name on the list along with a link to the thread(s) which roused suspicion in the first place...

flogen

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

ARGH. YOU'RE ALL STILL MODS. DISCUSS IT ON THE OTHER THREAD.

Sorry, but I had to spell it out it seems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement