Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cant log out

• 13-02-2003 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭

No matter where I click "logout" I am never logged out.

Click log out > "All cookies cleared! Click here to return to the forums index." > "http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/index.php?" > still logged in

Any idea why?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Oh, and Celt, I couldn't resist not saying anything to you (post below). Make sure your page is refreshed, your cookies and temp internet files are deleted also.

I know I can force log out(or I think I do) by deleting cookies, but doing that everytime I want to log out is nasty :(

As for refreshing, if I logged out and went to a cached index showing me logged in, would I still not have to log back in if I tried post?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Which browser you using Celt?

IE 6.0.2600

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

test

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Celt, I tried this too... logged out and closed the browser and came back and it logged me back in.

Its not that you arent being logged out... its that you are getting logged back in! Something in IE is auto-logging you in... I know this cos it isnt happening to me at home... I have to log in manually....

Weird, I'll keep checking and if I find anything I'll let you know. let me know if you solve it too!

DeV.

• Advertisement

I changed "Automatically login when you return to the site? (uses cookies)" to No, still auto logs me in when I log out though.

Any news?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Could it be that you still have a persistent cookie in your browser from before even though you have told vbb not to set a new one. Can you clear all your boards cookies, set that, try again ... ?

Advertisement