Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd buner problem

• 14-02-2003 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

alrite folks, me cd writer has ceased to write for some reason. the error message im gettin when trying to burn using win media player is: "an invalid allignment was specified"

its reading no problem but not writing

any suggestions? do i need a new cdr or is it salvageable?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

id suspect MPlayer 1st, try re-installing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

i tried to write audio to cd using acid last night and same story,so i suspect its the writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

have you tried a proper cd writing app like Nero?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Helix
    i tried to write audio to cd using acid last night and same story,so i suspect its the writer

:eek: a closet acid fan???
    fruityloops not good enough for ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

...I thought Helix meant he was on acid...seriously I'd always use a proper burning programme
    rather than something thats part of a
    music prog which is after all written with making music in mind not burning
    Cds.

Mike.

• Advertisement

afaik acid uses the same cd burning deelio as sound forge, which is very nice.

try downloading a demo of nero & if that doesn't work, reinstalling the drivers doesn't work & doing a fresh os install doesn't work then i'd say your burner is fuxored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Nero is ****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You're talking shite there mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Don't be dissing Nero now - all I use is it and fireburner. Start a thread screaming at EZCD and I'll happily join in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I suppose this could be a new thread but anyway, since you where talking about nero

Is there anyway to specify the speed in which you wish to burn at? May seem pretty straight forward, but I want to burn faster than the disks it detects. The blanks I have can be burnt at 40x but nero is only detecting them at 24x(so I can select a speed lower but not higher)

any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its possible that you may have poor-quality discs. I've had some 40x discs that will only burn at a max of 16x, and some 24x Verbatims that will work fine at 40x. Don't know about forcing nero to go at a higher speed though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Is there anyway to specify the speed in which you wish to burn at? May seem pretty straight forward, but I want to burn faster than the disks it detects. The blanks I have can be burnt at 40x but nero is only detecting them at 24x(so I can select a speed lower but not higher)

Thats an issue with the physical drive not the S/W. Nero will only burn the CD's as fast as the physical CDRW drive says it can.

In fact if you could increase the burn speed all that would happen is that the drive would then tell Nero that it can't burn the CD's at that speed and it will automatically change speed.

What kind/brad of media are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

Nero and fireburner are great tools
    ezcd is the worst, os trashing, bloated hunk of junk I've ever come across in my life, cdrwin even did a better job...

Originally posted by TacT
    cdrwin even did a better job...
    :eek:
    let nothing bad be said about cdrwin, i may have moved on to clone cd, but for 2 years cdrwin served me well, with only 2 coasters (bad media) and a perfect copy every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I don't think that it is the media as it just burnt at 40x using clone cd... and it will only go up to 24x with nero...

ideas?

and the cd brand is datasafe media

Advertisement