Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devil may cry video

Options
  • 30-08-2001 10:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

Has anyone seen the devil may cry footage on the official ps2 magazine this month i think i'll be buying veronica for another reason than it being an ace game but d may c looks amazing what does everyone else think.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I own it (jap version) billy, its a good game but its not without its faults. The game feels choppy cos they put it into mission (presumably to make a short game feel longer) , i;m currently on mission 9 of 27 and the story has gone nowhere and even tho the game plays sweetly, you start to wonder why you're bothering cos theres no point to it all.

Sorry to burst your bubble dude, but its not THAT good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh i was just slightly more impressed with the metal gear solid 2 trailer now that game looks pretty sweet

«Donal|R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Don't lie Bugs. It *is* that good, in spadefuls.

Sure, the plot doesn't exactly go anywhere fast, although personally I'm glad they went for the mission approach rather than the traditional survival horror wandering around approach. However, if you're playing DMC for the plot, aren't you missing the point?

The graphics are great, the controls are slick and responsive, and the game is cooler than a lorryload of liquid nitrogen. It's effectively a progression of the side-scrolling beat'em'up more than anything else, and when was the last time someone complained about the lack of an in-depth plot in Double Dragon?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to run around the living room pretending to heft monsters into the air with my giant chopper and then shoot so hard in their faces that they never come down. Ooh-er, missus.

Yes , i *like* to call games i was really looking forward to "crap".

Its not marketed as a beat 'em up, it was supposed to be the natural progression from the resident evil series , much alike onomusha.

The jap demo played better all in all without the missions, granted the addition of buying skills rather than using souls to open doors was a good idea and works well, and i wouldn't mind if the story was intentionally lacklustre, but they have ~tried~ to put in a story and its seriously slow to go anywhere.

Some of the missions are too short and the secret missions lack any kind of logic to them. Also some of the specials are rock hard to throw at enemies when you really need to use them, i would have to say this is just a few , throwing the sword being one of them!

In its plus points, it looks hot, the camera is almost always in the absolute best position to kick some ass and the bosses usually can't be killed be idiotic stabbing and require some amount of skill or guess work to beat.

Its still not as good as onimusha, it just lacks the story which coming from shinji mikami (i'm right in saying he worked on this right?) is a strange one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

ITS AN ACTION GAME!!!!sorry i had to shout but story dont mean crap was the story all that good in the matrix or any of the new ACTION movies.Its all about doing sweet things to baddies like hitting them up into the air and shooting them on the way down idiocy thats all it is.Mgs2 looks good but how much hype did black and white get....

• Advertisement

Ok dozy, lets put it this way, without a story the game is dull and even feels like its lacking something and considering its not being sold as an """action""" game, i won't call it an action game!!!!

Or have you played it.... hahahaha
    i think not

Well no i havent played it but from what ive heard its something special i heard good things of some of the unnoficial ps2 websites. Have you ever not just played a casual no-brainer game to take a break from a ff game if so many people dont want a story line dip**** why o sports games sell so well and why do arcades do so well while i agree a story is important it is not really needed in some games onimusha did both beautifully and is the best survival horror game ive played yetgrand but my """"bubble is not burst"""" all those speech marks shpuld satisfy youre craving for them e.g ""Action"" games.

Your lack of knowledge about this game is only bettered by your stupidity.
    This game has a story... get it ... it actually has a story.... and is supposed to... am i getting this point across now ??

The fact that the story doesn't go anywhere is the point. Its not supposed to be a no brainer.
    Go back and listen to your "independly idiotic" sites there, i'm sure they've already steered you into buying some real stinkers.

[This message has been edited by bugs (edited 01-09-2001).]

Sorry not everyone is stupid enough to buy a console they dont like over import and iim one of those people so how can i have played it?9 missions out of 21 isnt far into the game so maby if you had more patience than you have brains you might get into it or maby its because youre crap....

Okok you dont like the game i get it.

• Advertisement

Yes , that makes bags of sense!
    Go back to school kiddy

Advertisement