Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low last night

Options
  • 14-02-2003 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

*shivers*

the gig was absolutely spine tinglingy brilliant. all i can say is wow. I felt close to tears after they played the song 'little argument with myself'/ the only song i felt was a little lack was i am the lamb but it quickly turned into one of the best songs on the night (along with the rest of them). it's absolutely amazing how 3 people with 3 instruments (and sometimes only 1 or 2 of them are being played) can produce such a full sound.

the only thing i was a little dissapointed with was the fact that they only played one song from secret name, one from in the fishtank, and nothing from anything earlier.

theyre not very talkative are they? i got their autographs though....*yay*

the dudley corporation were really good too.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Ixidor

Damn gig that i couldn't go to....
    damn it to hell!

thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

somebody told me last night that apparantly they have a hit and miss record with gigs.

i've seen them twice, has anyone seen them before chirstchurch? and has anyone witnessed one of these 'miss' gigs

one of the things that was great was how lovely and pure both of their voices sound.

and the sound at the ambaassador was great last night, i could hear both bands lvoely and clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by thedrowner
    and the sound at the ambaassador was great last night, i could hear both bands lvoely and clearly.

meh? hands?

the gig was indeed fantastic. all the songs they played were amazing, even the ones i didn't think they were going to be able to pull off (see: Lordy). favourite part of the night was a little argument with myself and laserbeams (her voice - despite having a tickly cough - was absolutely amazing).

amazing amazing amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Aye sound was nice (for a change in there), vocals were crystal clear, and very little distortion on the drum(s).. ambassadors not really intimate enough for them I reckon but a stunningly good gig all the same, and I had the widest smile possible when they played Fearless (im a big floyd fan, thumbs up to whoever shouted for that hehe).. absolutely brill, Canada, In The Drugs, (thats how you sing) Amazing Grace and Closer where probably the highlights for me.. but it was all so good, and I bumped into a guy I knew so I wasnt on my own as well :)
    oh dudley corp. were excellent too.. !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

class act,
    with the small crowd and chatting down the back,
    i would have thought a smaller venue would be better only for the brilliant vocal sound when they stand away from the mics and belt it out loud, haunting yet beautiful.
    they both have great voices

i have the last 3 studio albums - trust/..fire/secretname
    where should i go next?
    what's that lord song on where it get loud at the end?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by o sleep
    meh? hands?

wha????? i missed ya there. (and on thursday)

knobbles....personally secret name is their worst album for me. and youve heard how good it is!!!!!! long division is next, then the curtain hits the cast, and the esarliest is i could live in hope. long division and i could live in hope are both excellent (havent heard the curtain hits the cast yet) i couldnt really advise one over the other. its quite a fidderent sound to the new stuff, its even more minimalistic but just as beauitful ands full sounding anyway.

i believe the lordy song youre talking about was the one from in the fishtank (with the dirty 3) its good, but for me, not as good as the albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

I've seen Low 8 times I think now, not an off night yet.
    We drove around the country supporting them a couple of years ago and seeing them every night was just astounding.
    Each better'n the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

Originally posted by joss
    I've seen Low 8 times I think now, not an off night yet.
    We drove around the country supporting them a couple of years ago and seeing them every night was just astounding.
    Each better'n the last.

Show Off :D

i wonder what the gig would have been like on thursday if they had played it in christchurch...i dont think i am the lamb would have been as good.

joss....once again...very jealous. what band are you in...the dudley corpo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

he's in the corpo and joan of arse

the arse toured with low about 3 years ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement