Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom charging me for calls despite my being with UTV?

Options
  • 14-02-2003 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Aplogies in advance if this is a "silly" question :D but I thought I'd run it past you guys before taking it up with eircom...

I've had UTVIP since before christmas (October) and am very impressed with both the quality of service, responsiveness to customer feedback (as evidenced by these boards) and yes, the amount its SAVING me every (2) months.

But...

Yesterday I got my bill from eircom for the period between 9th December - 10th February and theres:

Call charges 9.26

...included in it....now unless I'm mistaken, shouldn't ALL calls be routed through UTVIP - also note that this is my 2nd line which is used virtually exclusively for internet access anyway so I'm not sure where this has come from? (tho I haven't gotten the actual bill yet - I usually pay thru billpay.ie so that's where this has come from).

Am I wrong here or has anyone come across the same sorta thing? I know its "only" a tenner but I think they're gettin enuff of me in rental as it is :)

Thanks for any advice...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You will be billed for dialling some numbers by Eircom regardless of who you are subscribed to, e.g 1891 numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

eircom get 14nn 17nn 18nn 15nn 11nn numbers still (19nn are free if they work ISTR)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Ta for the reply but if it's "special" numbers like that then I know already that it wasn't me...the only numbers that may have been dialed on the line (aside from the UTVIP number) would be to local 01 numbers, maybe a mobile or two or I think I made one or two national calls on it...I usually use my mobile or the "main" line (as we call it at home) for any voice calls..or better yet, the "free" line here in work ;)

I guess I'll just have to check the itemised bill whenever it arrives...thanks again tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

If the UTV network is Busy or conjested your calls will automatically drop on to the Eircom network you will be charged for these calls at full price.

There is No point in contacted Eircom as there is Nothing really you can do they will tell you the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by the Guru
    If the UTV network is Busy or conjested your calls will automatically drop on to the Eircom network you will be charged for these calls at full price.

There is No point in contacted Eircom as there is Nothing really you can do they will tell you the same

As a point of information and to avoid any confusion at no time does a call automatically re-route to eircom on a failed connection. If eircom are charging you for calls that we should then inform eircom and ask for an explanation and also send us a copy of the bill and we will investigate with both eircom and Comreg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,868 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Hi Malcolm,

I was a bit suprised to hear that alright :) but the paper (and itemised) bill from them hasn't shown yet - its usually a few days after it appears on billpay.ie I find - so when it does I'll definitely be checking what numbers they're charging me for and go from there.

Thanks for clearing that up tho...I'll be sure to keep you guys posted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

The same thing happened me last month, just to regular numbers here and to the north! I'm very unimpressed with Eircom, should they be my first port of call about this or UTV?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Just wondering do you have isdn?
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by jd
    Just wondering do you have isdn?
    jd

Nope, analogue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Complain to Eircom and UTV simultaneously. See procedures on Comreg site

If you do not get a satisfactory resolution within....5 working days..... that means full rebate from Eircom along with apology in writing....... then complain to Comreg about your CPS being tampered with by Eircom

• Advertisement
Advertisement