Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Flashpoint

Options
  • 27-08-2001 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many people actually play this game still. The dedicated server is out next week, will it be another Tribes2 nice game, no interest.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

As long as its not hugely laggy on a 56k ill be all for playing it on the dedicated servers, should be some fun if you get some decent people to drive tanks/choppers with you biggrin.gif

[Edit] Just thought id add, i hope its not populated by loads of muppets like ive heard the tribes servers can be :/ /me thinks of the tk'ing possibilities of a muppet in a tank at spawn.

[This message has been edited by richindub2 (edited 27-08-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

/me thinks how cool it would be to TK rich with a tank at spawn

Actually, I won't be playing it. I don't like it at all smile.gif

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well I play but I won't be playing it at all ontill i upgrad my computer in like 3-4 weeks!
    But it would be great to play it with other irish peeps.
    But my best bet is the net code is pants frown.gif
    hopefully that'll improve biggrin.gif

Wow big castle.....think he's making up for something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Also just wondering.
    When you launch the scud WHERE DOES THE MISSLE GO?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Seems to run fairly well over a lan. I only ahve 28.8 so no chance. It needs a good 56K conenction to join, 64K ISDN minimum to host (no sh|t).
    BTW, it is a real RAM luvver. Give it some luv, and it'll hum during (4)play.
    A decent T&L card wouldn't go amiss either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

I have a 450 (can't believe its obsolete already) and voodoo 3 and it was a bit sh!te, then I upgraded to 384mb RAM and it worked fine @ 800*600 with shadows and stuff.

NBM how can you not like it? Any game where you can make choppers take off then switch engine off in mid air gets my vote smile.gif b00m hehe... sorry what was I saying?

O yeah... multiplayer. Could be fun as long as ya don't have muppets like you lot driving planes into yer face biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I've heard the multi-player is good. I've only played the demo and its the most realistic game ive ever played. It owns!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Hmmmm.I love op flash.I just got ISDN.

I will be playing it.

Server, Rev? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

does multiplayer check a cd-key or is it possible to copy + play multi with the copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Good look trying to copy it, it'll FADE out soon enough smile.gif Codemasters went up the wall protecting it

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

i didnt like the game,i thought it wuz a bit crappy!

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Nuno

Good look trying to copy it, it'll FADE out soon enough Codemasters went up the wall protecting it

Go to http://www.gamecopyworld.com and you'll see what they thought of Codemasters game protection.....

Where there's a will there's a funeral....................;)

Put in another 512Mb of CAS3@133 RAm (CAS2@my 100Mhz FSB - just like my old ram).
    It runs purrfectly.
    Only really needs 256Mb and a good T&L card + cpu.
    If anyone else is coming to the GalwayLan who owns the game (but the game 0wn3z j00, right?) I'll take yees all on in the new Chinook and Apache :)

Oh and Bentonio, just cos j00 aint got deh skillz, don't let joo sl4gg deh g4me, or some shiot.

Get Skillz, Get the Game. Live again.

Is the dedicated server patch out and working or what?

Version 1.20 is out, and weighs in at a hefty 39 megs.

It says:

* Steering wheel Force Feedback.
    * iFeel mouse force feedback support.
    * Joystick axis configuration.
    * Joystick support.
    * Pixel shader (1.0) used during night rendering.
    * AT3 (BMP missile) is guided manually (when not locked).
    * Configuration for zoom on right mouse button
    * Rifle recoil to force feedback effect conversion
    * Multiplayer mission wizard
    * Dedicated server support
    * Dedicated server command #shutdown
    * Dedicated server command #reassign
    * MP, Anticheat: Config integrity verification.
    * MP, Anticheat: Exe integrity verification.
    * Additional program parameters - port=... - password=...

Note it says dedicated server support.Yet when I installed it I see no in game menu for multiplayer dedicated goodness, just the same old peer to peer nonsense.Gamespy arcade is surely the gayest thing this side of San Franciso, I can't even find any mention of OpFlash on there. Rev Hellfire has agreed to put up a server if we can get people playing, but is the bloody thing ready to go or what?

Any chance of a link for that bug?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/index2.html

Ok, dedicated servers can be set up, unfortunately,there is no added dedicated menu thing, which is why I couldn't find any. So basically, you have to enter the ip and port of the dedicated server you want to play on :-/.

This is the only list of servers I have found so far.The UK one doesn;t seem to work.

http://www.operationflashpoint.net/features/features.phtml?id=101233&language=en

Ta lots :)

I would live on an OpFlash dedicated server if I could.
    I'm on 28.8 at home, with a mega PC for the game.
    I have a mega connection in College for the game and a ****e PC.
    I also don't want my CD key available in college.
    Does anyone know if it would be anyway descent on 28.8?
    I wouldn't kind a ping of 250-300. The game isn't paced like CS, good sniping and concealment can make up for a bad(terrible) connection (a bit).
    I'd use it Rev.

Advertisement