Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why Men Lie

Options
  • 14-02-2003 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Why Men Lie

One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above the river,his axe fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord appeared and asked,Why are you crying?" The woodcutter replied that his axe has fallen into water. The Lord went down into the water and reappeared with a golden axe Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. The woodcutter replied, "No."
    The Lord again went down and came up with a silver axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. Again, the woodcutter replied, "No." The Lord went down again and came up ! with an iron axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. The woodcutter replied, "Yes."
    The Lord was pleased with the man's honesty and gave him all three axes to keep, and the woodcutter went home happily.
    One day while he was walking with his wife along the riverbank, woodcutter's wife fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord again appeared and asked him, "Why are you crying?" "Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the water!" The Lord went down into the water and came up with Jennifer Lopez. "Is this your wife?" the Lord asked. "Yes," cried the woodcutter.
    The Lord was furious. "You cheat! That is an untruth!" The woodcutter replied, "Oh, forgive me, my Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I said 'no' to Jennifer Lopez, You will come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones.
    Then if I also say 'no' to her, you will thirdly come up with my wife, and I will say 'yes,' and then all three will be given to me. But Lord, I am a poor man and I will not be able to take care of all three wives, so that's why I said yes this time."

The moral of the story is whenever a man lies it is for an
    honorable and useful reason.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

hmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Your lieing :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Does anyone else find that NOT Funny?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Apparently p45 did... it was their joke of the day today. :rolleyes:

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by DeVore

DeV.
    lol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Carbiens

:rolleyes: ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Originally posted by DeVore

DeV.

I wouldnt even class that as a Joke

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

it sounds more like a story with some moral at the end or something ur supposed to learn from..................ed shrugs shoulders

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by xern
    Why Men Lie
    ......so that's why I said yes this time."

The moral of the story is whenever a man lies it is for an
    honorable and useful reason.

That is honestly the worst delivery of a joke I have ever read/heard, I think I can barely see the humour somewhere in there, but all the padding just runined it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement