Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Office XP question

Options
  • 14-02-2003 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

do you need to ring up ms to use this??

or is that xp OS only??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You need to activate it, yeah. You can do it online if you have an internet connection.

Office apps will work for 50 loads before it cuts you out (thats 50 altogether, not 50 each, so if you load word, excel and powerpoint, you will have 47 loads left).

(I think its 50, anyway....)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

can you activate a 2nd hand one?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

its all hardware based so i dont know. I say it iwll let you depending on how long before it was activated. i.e last week it might not yet let you activate it, 6 months ago maybe.

there is only one way to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

if its legal ring Msft they will give you new key if you prove you have original cd with original key ,btw they will know ;)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Originally posted by hussey
    can you activate a 2nd hand one?

XP office can be activated twice in a life time, if you call up after 2 times they are going to start asking questions.

If you have the contact details of the guy you got it from you are i luck. Either way you are not legaly allowed to use the software.

If your company or the place you are using it gets an software audit it would trip you up. It its for home use you may get away with it.

Dont buy software second hand its very silly the whole point of actually paying for software is for the licenses.

Best Regards

• Advertisement
Advertisement