Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Daily

Options
  • 14-02-2003 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

reproduced from RTE.ie
    A cut-throat battle in the Dublin newspaper market starts next month, with the launch of the 'Dublin Daily' newspaper.

The paper officially announced its launch plans today, and is likely to aggressively target a market dominated by Independent Newspapers' 'Evening Herald' title.

The backers of Dublin Daily aim for circulation of 25,000 in the first year, and 40,000 within the first three years.

The venture is backed by businessman Paschal Taggart and media company Digiserve which operates the web portal Online.ie.

In December British regional media group Archant bought a 20% stake for €1.5m. The newspaper will be edited by Liam Hayes, former editor of Ireland on Sunday.

In a statement today the paper said it would target a core audience of 18 to 35-year-old, mid-market readers.

* The Irish Times reported this morning that Dublin's gaelic football team had sold its image rights to the newspaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

tbh I think it will be very difficult for this paper to take a big chunk of the Heralds readers.
    I reckon the Herald will remain number one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Yavvy

That back of a packet of chicken noodle soup is more current and informitave than the Herald... Any new paper that might challenge the herald is welcomed by me. The Herald has been dumbing down for years and its becoming a bit of a joke. The only reason I would buy it any more is because if its clasified section
    The rest of the paper is tripe.

Advertisement