Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB headline WHELANS

Options
  • 14-02-2003 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Little Ghetto Boys Live
    Check out the new line-up and new songs from their forthcoming Album!

LGB Headline 'Gig City'

WHELANS
    Friday 7th March
    Doors 7.30pm
    SUPPORT: Urban Funk Explosion, Risen

8 Euro Cover - stay on for the late club afterwards!

For a CONCESSION TICKET simply mail your name & address to
    info@littleghettoboys.com

Cheers
    The LGB Crew

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 click here

Dang. And I thought for a second there that LGB meant "Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual". I would have gone to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I'm with ya, in college the LGB society does not stand for Little Ghetto Boys......

or maybe it does and your fans are some what sexually confused!

Ah but, Tyrrial, tisn't always bout being confused. Eh? Eh?? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

it really depends on who you know and what you can get out of it...

now let us never speak of my past agian....

Okey-doke. We are going a wee bit off topic, aren't we?

(And who said we were speaking of your past? Maybe it's my present.. Anyway, back to dropping the subject...)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LGB

hup:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

Hey LGB,
    Lookin forward to supportin yous friday nite,
    never seen yous before

over n out,
    Aaron
    urban funk explosion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Gerrymac

poopoo pants! LGB are a brilliant live band dude. Can't wait to see them in the big stage in whelans.

Cheers Gerry - looking forward to it too, Aaron! Gonna be a mad one, let me tell ya...

Hup ye get:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Question for LGB - or anyone else who might know the answer to this I guess.. You're an Irish band moving to New York - how does that work regarding Visas?? I always hear of Irish bands scooting over - so are they living there illegally or what?

Altho I do rememeber hearing about some sort of musician/performance visa people could get that would allow them to reside and perform in the USA for a certain amount of time.

Just wondering - especially since they're all quite paranoid about immigtation etc these days.

cheers + good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 garypope

is this a gig city gig?

It is indeed Garypope.

Soma - regarding visas, what most people do is go over on a 'holiday', and stay on, illegally. Some leave just before their 3 month holiday allowance runs out. What we're doing is going over and playing residencies in small clubs (á la the slatterys in rathmines setup). Since we'll be doing this 5 nights a week, we're getting certain venues to maintain that we're the official house band on a certain night of the week, so applying for the 'work' visas while we're still in the country.

While all this is going on, we'll be gigging the more important shows on the weekends...

This musician/performance visa thing you speak of is darn hard to get, unless you are a self-financing touring theatre, or some setup more associated with 'high art'.. y'know?

Theres ways & means around this red tape stuff, without having to jeopardize your legality in the place...

Hup! ye-boy-ye.

(Just thought I'd help ye there lads, since ye've got such a grand auld name.) :)

Advertisement