Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAS with GSM Modems

• 14-02-2003 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

has anyone tried to setup ras on NT / 2000 with nokia or siemens modems? The modems are on the server side and are used for dial in. The user either dials in from a landline or other mobile. The modems work fine, in that they have been added correctly and are able to dial out (can dial eircom.net and establish a connection), but they won't answer an incoming call. The lights flash on them to indicate the modem is ringing, but they won't pickup. I have used both 086 and 087 contract sims, so they should be able to terminate a data call (topups don't apparently). I've tried dialling in from a nokia 6310 and a 3com analogue modem.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go from here.

Is there some black magic setting needed in the init string?

Dial in modems tried were nokia n20, nokia n30, siemens (falcom twist)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Dell Boy, you might get a better response over in the wireless forum - there's lots of people over there who know all about wireless.

Advertisement