Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

metallica gig

Options
  • 14-02-2003 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

One of my friends told me he saw on hotpress.com(i cant be arsed looking for it myself) that the gig is on in the RDS with Linkin Park,Deftones and Mudvayne,could this be true or total bull****? :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 panzer_attack

hopefully the deftones will head over with them.as for linkin park,well why dont they go and put out another remix album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭anony

RDS... bit of a step up from where I saw them play last, the top hat in Dun laoghaire 1988

but does anyone really think that any of their 90's or 00 stuff can even touch the brilliance of eveything they did in the 80's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

Originally posted by anony
    RDS... bit of a step up from where I saw them play last, the top hat in Dun laoghaire 1988

but does anyone really think that any of their 90's or 00 stuff can even touch the brilliance of eveything they did in the 80's?

well according to Lars "We've been a lot of different places musically over the last year and a half, and a couple of months go we sort of came back around to some heavy, aggressive, fast, dynamic, a lot of tempo changes, kind of ****. And that felt really comfortable again. We hadn't done it for a while. Maybe we were keeping it at bay, whatever. All of a sudden it was like that old pair of shoes you have in the closet that you haven't worn for a while, but that felt really ****ing good to have on again. It's pretty aggressive, and the people who like that side of us will not be disappointed."

sounds promising,i guess we will just have to wait for the new album.

NP-The Four Horsemen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 eric_the_head

Yeah Metallica are playing with Mudvayne,Linkin park and Deftones on Aug 21. Outside show. I think it holds about 15000 to 20000. I think the new album is called St Anger. Due out in a couple of months!!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

personally i aint much of a metallica fan, but i would love to see deftones live. bout time they played here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

Just in case anyone is interested,Sound Cellar are taking deposits limited to 2 per person...I know of 3 people who went in on Saturday..........

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

As per usual. In fact, I'm surprised so many people ask when tickets will be on sale when they can save themselves the hassle and put a deposit on in the Soundcellar. They're 95% cool about stuff like that, usually won't take them on U2 cos Tommy hates them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

deftones' white pony is probably the best rock album i've heard in recent years - haven't heard many, i don't want to cause i don't think i'd find many that would match it.
    good line-up with metallica and linkin park too, i'll be at this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 the fuz

60 euro a ticket is a bit expensive for a ticket but ill probably still go,anyone else going to Wacken in Germany this year, only 55 euro for a 3 day ticket to see the following confirmed so far

ANCIENT RITES
    ASSASSIN
    DARK ANGEL
    DEW -SCENTED
    DIAMOND HEAD
    DIE APOKALYPTISCHEN REITER
    DISMEMBER
    EIDOLON
    EXTREME NOISE TERROR
    GAMMA RAY
    HEAVENSHALLBURN
    ICED EARTH
    IN FLAMES
    KATAKLYSM
    LORDI
    MALEVOLENT CREATION
    MASTERPLAN
    NILE
    PRIMAL FEAR
    RAGE
    RAUNCHY
    RUNNING WILD
    SENTENCED
    SINISTER
    SINNER
    SLAYER
    SOILWORK
    STRATOVARIUS
    THE ALMIGHTY PUNCHDRUNK
    THE CROWN
    THYRFING
    VADER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ste k

there doig these gigs as a fundraiser for a metal 3 days festival down in stradbally co. laois in stradbally hall.

Its pretty cool idea so it looks like we might have a decent festival to rival the corporate Wit/gunniess festival.

• Advertisement
Advertisement