Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Faction

Options
  • 28-08-2001 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

i d/led the 130 mg demo and i have to say, this looks like a really good game.
    well impressed. and nic and sparkly too just like all good games should be. lots of nice eye candy and spinny things and whirling lights and and and head shots wwman.gif
    much better than that three g=hour extravaganza that was blue shift. guy in game had absolutely no problem letting me exchange that game later he same day when id finished it smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

mmmmm head-shots. Nothing quite like shooting somebody in the head.

Yeah, Blue Shift was not up to standard, too damn short.

amp - who's mostly playing the nice and sparkly UT at the mo' GOD-LIKE!

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "[amp] may have the respect of the plebs on the other boards" - WWman

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Tell me where to dload it i wanna try!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

www.downloads.com
    130 meg for what its worth.
    of course, i had to sit through a whole 40 minutes of download frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    130 meg for what its worth.
    of course, i had to sit through a whole 40 minutes of download frown.gif
    </font>

Beats 10 hrs on my poor 56k modem! Think I'll wait for the PCG covermount next month.

Glad to hear that it sounds the business though. I was worried that it might have too much of a "developed for console" feel.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I got it on the ps2 and it kicks a$$ very good.Buyn it when it comes out.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

yeah it's good alright, the geomod certainly opens up some interesting possibilities for level designs smile.gif

unfortunatly they seem to have picked the level for the demo that shows it off the least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Mr Pussy

Yeah I got the demo and found that level design was quite good but that hand gun is just pure ****! frown.gif

The demo would not make me buy it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I wasnt very impressed by it. You can blow chunks out of the walls, and the effect is impressive but apart from this its nothing more than a standard FPS. I dont think ill be buying this.

Theres a multiplayer demo out too by the way. I think Player of games have it up for download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

took me 9 min 39 secs to download
    god bless college networks tongue.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

What do you mean a standard fps. What defines an exceptional fps, like halflife? I thought they looked sort of similar.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Swifty-:
    I wasnt very impressed by it. You can blow chunks out of the walls, and the effect is impressive but apart from this its nothing more than a standard FPS. I dont think ill be buying this.
    </font>

I agree. There are plenty of impressive looking (Though i havnt played demo's of them so shouldnt really comment smile.gif ) fps games coming out over the next few months (Return to Castle Wolfenstein, MOH: Allied Assault, etc), i cant see myself wasting time on this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I have to agree with rich on this one, having played through the demo in about 5 mins i was not very impressed at all, glad i didn't download it, the main problem for me is the fact that it doesn't feel right, the weapons are fairly substandard, the guards fairly dim, and this geo mod stuff isn't as good as i'd personally hoped, when you shoot someone in that game, it just doesn't feel like you did much, the pistol feels like a pea shooter, the rocket launcher feels like a nerf gun, i really hope this gets fixed before it gets released, but i seriously doubt it.

and drunk leprechaun, she may look better but she sure as hell don't play better, i'm much more looking forward to Duke, Wolfenstein and Medal of Honour

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yeah i played the demo that you get with pc gamer,that mag is a rip!£9!!!!!!!i thought it wuz cool the way you can blow walls apart and the way you can drive tanks ect......

"A Master vampire that can walk in day light.....unstopable...unless we stop him!" from John Carpenters Vampires

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrunkLeprachaun:
    What do you mean a standard fps. What defines an exceptional fps, like halflife? I thought they looked sort of similar.

</font>

I meant as in a "weve seen it all before" type of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

Jimi-Spandex pretty much exactly summed up how I felt about the demo. Weedy weapons and unimpressive AI. The whole Geo-Mod idea is fun, until you fall into a hole of your own making and can't get out, that is. I couldn't be bothered to finish the demo. I got rapidly tired of having boring pea-shooter battles with guards.

K

Advertisement