Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Induction / Air filter help?

Options
  • 14-02-2003 7:54pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm stumped folks, i'm new to all this. I want to get an induction kit for my wee jap starlet. I was looking at the www.pro-parts.net page, and I seem to have two choices, either a Simota Air Inductionkit, or a Simota Ractive filter. What do ye think? Is the second one better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

Check for a starlet owners club on the net and see what they reccommend sometimes the wrong type of filter can take away bhp, on the other hand some time moving the filter to an area of the engine bay with more cold air can give you a lot more.

ive got a big foam itg one and its been tested by the owners club to give an extra bhp

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks, got some advice from toyotagtturbo.com, pretty helpful. Got a ractive heatsheild one. Starting to sound nice... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Kaskade

No problem, i absolutely love the induction noise from a decent filter,
    Hope you enjoy yours as much as i love mine! there so handy coz they dont normally make much noise until high revs so you dont sound like colin mcrae driving round town !

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Got a ractive heatsheild one for 89.95. Varrooooom! :D

Advertisement