Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legalities Anyone???

Options
  • 14-02-2003 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

www.ballooba.com

Anyone aware of the legalities of this message???

Pity it had to come to that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I hope it bloody works. Its been down over a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 karpovx

Is not ilegal at all:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Where are that hosting company based? That kind of lark is not on - if the domain is yours you are entitled to have control over it.

Sorry blacknight, but I already got a new host (365) and they are looking after me well. :)

Good sell though.

The old hosts were based in Bronx, NY. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I wasn't trying to sell :-)
    We had a similar problem with one of our clients who had registered a domain through a NEtSol reseller - it took us about 3 months of emails, faxes, phonecalls and headaches to get it all sorted out....

I sent them round three emails, rang a couple of times and they said I had the wrong number.

I couldn't be bothered anymore, It will sort itself out when every time someone searches for their company they get that message.

They shouldn't have done it in the first place a sfar as I'm concerned. It's highly unethical.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭peterd

You should contact Dot Registrar directly and explain your situation. Although it would be difficult to prove that you actually ordered the domain from the old host unless you have a receipt. They might give you access to the API for client's so you can change the contact details then.

Dot Registrar aren't the problem, they seem to have been quite helpful. i.e. as helpful as they legally can. Point is I couldn't be bothered wasting my time on this. It's 10hosting's problem so they can sort it out.

I have a feeling this solution will be very effective, we haven't advertised that name yet .... much.

Just an update....

That solution proved to be extremely effective. Sent them an email yesterday that the page was there.

I now have access to the name and should be able to use it by the end of the week.

For anyone that didn't read this thread b4 I got it back, the content of the page is now changed because they complied

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Didn't want to air our dirty laundry in public but that's what it came down to. Only about 200 people saw the message anyway.

I got the transfer confirmation about five mins ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Soz - but for those of us who just saw this thread now - what just went on?

It looked interesting

tribble

Stuck it here....

http://www.ballooba.net/persuasion.shtml

As a help to anyone who has similar problems in the future.

Advertisement