Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much of ure life is owned by games?

Options
  • 01-09-2001 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Well, Luckly I go away to school, and there is only a network there with doom on it, and well that doesnt take much of my life, and apart from that I dont c games at all really in school, but when I come home I know that at least 85% of my life (that sounds wierd) goes to games/computers u know. Is nt that a bit much, how much of ure life is owned by games? once u are all done with ure Home Work.. Is it straight to the console or the PC?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Fvcking loads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

all / 99% :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

It'd be impossible to give an exact percentage. Some weeks I do nothing but work, other times I just watch TV. And then there might be one game that just has me hooked for weeks. Truth is..I'd like to spend more time with games...but then I'd just go out of touch with everything else in my life.

Live life whatever way you want to I say. Dont listen to what other people tell you. YOU decide whats too much. wink.gif

"Ca bhfuil an buama?!"

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Well i work 15hours[average] a day , 5 days a week so that takes a lot of gameing time away and [sarcasm]then theres the women , for some reason they would rather i spend tiime with them than the pc , why? i just cant figure it? [/Sarcasm] , i am single now so weekends are spent on gameing if i am not away at something else so if 7 days is 100% , i would have to say only about 10% , damn work , damn it to hell.

«Donal|R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

any thats not taken up by games workshop i.e 60%.Sometimes games just have me and theres no painting no gaming and no damned glueing!! The most recent game to do this would be starcraft (i got it tuesday after everyone on the planet recommends it)

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Work full time, so week days only about 40m to an hour on average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

i probly spend more time reading and talking about games than actually playing them at this stage (ie the boards wink.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

Well i don't play that much cause my parents go mad for taking up the phone line frown.gif

On School day i come home head out , go in for dinner head out again come back in and do homework then later i play cs and then watch tv then bed at 11:30 - 12:30 Depends if im tired

Normal day : Get up at 12 head out come in at 6 have dinner play a 1 player game for half an hour not on internet then head out , come back in at 8 or 9 and stay on internet for rest of night biggrin.gif than can be up to 5 in the morning some nights

but everynow and then i just leave cs out for a day or two frown.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Not that much anymore, but gaming is a habit I don't see myself ever growing out of. Up until a few months ago, before work/social life/other stuff started taking up more and more time, 80-90% of my income went to games or gaming-related stuff (magazines, consoles, PC parts, etc). My decision of college course was dictated by games (first a PLC in games design, then Engineering to get a programming-related degree, with the intent to get into games programming), I got my current job through games (contacts through Quake, IRC, boards) and my job is fairly gaming-orientated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Mikill

Gaming = Its the only Reason I get up in the morning.

biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by -ADREN-:
    once u are all done with ure Home Work.. Is it straight to the console or the PC?</font>

Homework?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bugs:
    Games workshop. deary deary me, you need a woman</font>

U need 2 try games workshop,it 0wnz j00 f00 tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Thank you pugsley.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Well, I spend around 85% of my money on games(and the rest on snack-food or music), and when I get a new game I play it every available moment unless I have a good reason.
    btw Games Workshop is far too expensive, it eats right into gaming/music money.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It may be against the grain as such, but you did ask - and my answer is: Practically nil.

Games don't "0wN" me... I own the games... wink.gif

Used to be a Quake (1) freak, playing it online constantly (like, 1996 dude) - I don't get too many chances to play games these days with the work I do both on and off-line, but when I do, it's usually a healthy bout of U.T., FIFA 2001, Tekken 3 or Black & White (although I've sort of abandoned Black & White for the moment - on Land 4).

Bard
    'First motorbike in the bible ???? ---- a Triumph --- 'Yea verily Moses struck down the ammmanites and all the land heard the roar of his triumph !!!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Well the good thing is none of my money that i make goes twards games.. i have the aul handy CD-RW biggrin.gif hehe..

Some games give trouble doing it that way..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Games Workshop is waaaay to expensive - I just carve me own models out of soap :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Homework??? LOL Hate that!
    Games own me at the moment. Givin up on-line gaming for a while cos I'm sh*te. Just playin Diablo 2 and Freespace 2.
    Every evening I sit down and on average play for about 3 hours. Some nights I play from 7ish to about midnight and if I'm not up early the next day it can go onto 3 or 4 in the morning!!!

[This message has been edited by Kenjd (edited 02-09-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by orangerooster_2000:
    any thats not taken up by games workshop i.e 60%
    </font>

Games workshop. deary deary me, you need a woman

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zaphod Beeblebrox:
    Games Workshop is waaaay to expensive - I just carve me own models out of soap :P</font>

Then when u ned 2 wash ure hands......... biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

nowa days i don't have time to play... stupid havein to go to work to get stupid money bah! wink.gif

But in my brief period of unemployedness i spent most of the day... and nite! playin games smile.gif

"just because you're not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after you!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I use to play too much (adren can vouch for that) But i now go to boarding school like him. So i colelcted a few other habits. I talk here too much. I write stories and read them and I watch tenchi which is threatening to destory my gaming life. It really comes down to my mood. Cs is boring for me at mo. So i'll prob jump back on the gaming wagon with Red faction or something ta ta

Advertisement