Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€2 Pint?!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by Jak

Also seeing how cheap drink is in Wales and Scotland, it is about time the balance was redressed over here.

having grown up in scotland till i moved over here a year ago i can say that ireland (dublin especially) pays through the nose for a pint of beer..

really is scandlous over here. Usually why i tend to drink in the house before i go out.

Will wetherspoons be opening any places in dublin? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

First line of the thread Chief -

"Anyone see a tiny article in today's Herald about JD Wetherspoons buying a place on Capel Street? (possibly others in Cork and Galway)"

So here's hoping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

The days of publicans ripping us off is over

only in Dublin cos no where else around the country has a pint of stout for E4.50 [or so]

how many of those places with pints ore E4 are members of the VFI or are nightclubs?

As much as this will be a good thing...what about the lil rural pubs with the cheap booze...where will they be?
    run outta business I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Article in yesterday's Sun :rolleyes: about a publican buying St Mary's church at the end of Henry St and renovating it to turn it into a venue.

Could this be the one?
    :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Isn't that the place with the small park just behind it? That's been getting done up for ages now, think it's gonna be a club...

If this €2-a-pint pub does show up in Capel St, it'll be 2mins walk from me :]

Unfortunately it'll be 2mins walks from a lot of scum too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement