Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games on TV

Options
  • 14-02-2003 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

Well, i dont know why im saying anything about this but feck it anywhy. I have been reading a lot of remarks about a certain games program: "Lan Jam" over on the teletext (Channel 4 p175, pretty funny and updated daily). I watched it today (16:30 on ITV) and i must say there is a lack of quality game tv shows on. Real pitty i must say. I am beginning to really miss ole GamesMaster.

Anyone else see it? I believe the title is very wrong, Lan? there isint a PC or LAN in sight, consoles dont have lans.... muppet TV.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

Well with the internet so easily available the need for shows devoted to games is greatly reduced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Biggest laugh goes to the terrible game-network on sky digital.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Tails
    Well with the internet so easily available the need for shows devoted to games is greatly reduced.

Do you not think that an industry worth a lot more than $10 billion last year, $9.4 billion in 2001 and $6.6 billion in 2000 would gather slightly more air time than gardening? Putting that figure into perspective the music industry in the states made less than that last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

consoles dont have lans

Interesting - what's these pieces of wire running between my Xboxen then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by Shinji
    Interesting - what's these pieces of wire running between my Xboxen then?

ox -> oxen

xbox -> xboxen

hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You'll do no such thing - not on this board anyway. You're bloody lucky I don't ban you from the board and email the producers of the show your details, you odious little turd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Hakf decent show on Bravo or somfin with Violet Berlin, Game Network is Pop Up tv :D

I miss .tv that was good for games and PC tech.

But there are tonnes of websites, just to see in game footage you need broadband.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

anyone interested in a new series of gamesmaster might want to read this & sign the petition...
    fleeced it off another forum
    Hi!

You might remember a while back that there was a lot of talk about GamesMaster returning for a brand new series but some were skeptical about if this was true or just a rumour.

Well, the Producer of the show, Mr Jonny Ffinch, has made a statement about a new series:

"The point about Gamesmaster really is that while we at Hewland would be only too happy to bring it back, I think it would be difficult to persaude Channel 4, certainly if it is to remain in an early evening slot (where it works well) You only have to look at the schedule these days to see how things have changed since GM was on air - The Salon stripped 5 days across the week followed by Hollyoaks, similarly stripped (I thinks it's 3 or 5 nights a week). Both of them I'd argue are female skewed, as oppose to GMs male skew.

But a less female skewed show is on the horizon because Channel 4 have brought the Simpsons (they beat the BBC and will begin airing it in 2004) and they will surely strip this at 6.00pm. Ultimately, C4 are almost certainly heading towards a Simpons/Hollyoaks hour five nights a week between 6-7

However, all is not lost. We own the rights to GM, not Channel 4 and we could always take it to another broadcaster. To persuade them though they'd need to be convinced there was a significant audience out there (Channels are particularly wary of being accused of having no new ideas when they bring back old shows) - A serious amount of signatures on a petition would be a good way to start. I think BBC2, BBC3 or Channel 5 might be worth approaching.

Er, that's it. The essential point is that we are up for it - we love the show and of course, as a commercial company, seek as much business as possible. The challenge is to persuade the broadcasters to pay for it."

So, basically Hewland are going to make a new series of GM as long as they are shown that enough interest is shown. Please go to www.gamesmastertv.co.uk and sign the petitions because this is actually going to go somewhere...

And to those who wouldn't want it back because they think it won't be as good, well obviously things would be updated. It would still be the same show but things would be changed to make it fresh and new.

Cheers!
    GamesMastertv.co.uk

Advertisement