Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BARGAIN :1995 Toyota Celica

Options
  • 15-02-2003 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

OK, this was posted before a while back and although I came veeery close to selling it, it didn't happen. So I'll try again.

I'll also try to cover all questions asked before. So here goes...

1995 Toyota Celica 2L ST.

- Yes it's an import, and no I never had any problems getting parts (i.e. brakepads, service parts and windscreen)
    - It's silver and has about 68000 miles on it.
    - I have it 3 years and I am only selling it to buy another.
    - It's tank holds about €50 worth and goes for about 500 km's !
    - I have put 16" alloys on it and Sony Cd System in it. Otherwise it's bog standard.
    - It's got ABS which is handy and rare on Celica's before 1996 (even for Japs)
    - It cost me (at 29 with full NCD) €1200 to insure it with FBD last April.
    - It passed NCT last year with flying colours, but is due another next month (yes I know it's only been a year!) but will pass and I have no problem doing the NCT before I sell it.
    - No I've never crashed it !
    - It's quicker than most people expect !

Anything else you want to know, you post.

BTW, at €5950 it is now cheap. I don't care what you say !

Feck all the insurance companies, go on do it !

Oh, by the way heres a picture ...
    attachment.php?s=&postid=774762

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I don't suppose you'd consider an exchange , 97 Vectra !!

Looks quite a nice car , what are looking to get ? I bet it's a bitch trying to trade an import ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 FoneFreak

Originally posted by tinofapples
    I don't suppose you'd consider an exchange , 97 Vectra !!
    eh, no thanks !
    Looks quite a nice car , what are looking to get ? I bet it's a bitch trying to trade an import ??
    It is a nice car ! Some main dealers won't take it as trade in but most will - I have been offered between €6000 and €7000 for trade ins but I was hoping to buy in the UK, so I'd like to sell it privately.
    I would expect to get the guts of €6000.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by FoneFreak

1995 Toyota Celica 2L ST.

- It's tank holds about €50 worth and goes for about 500 km's !

Can i ask what sort of driving you do to get such poor mileage? Is it mostly short round town trips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 FoneFreak

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    Can i ask what sort of driving you do to get such poor mileage? Is it mostly short round town trips?
    Yeah, mostly short runs on slow roads, but in fairness thats about 26mpg. Isn't that's about all you get out the average 2 Litre sports car ?

Originally posted by FoneFreak
    Yeah, mostly short runs on slow roads, but in fairness thats about 26mpg. Isn't that's about all you get out the average 2 Litre sports car ?

na, if i have the air con off i can get almost 35mpg out of the current 2.2vtec prelude i have, tho my driving is mostly long runs ... even if am enjoying myself i still get 30mpg or so. around town tho i've no doubt it would be a low or lower than 26 prolly

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

It has a lot to do with how you drive. Lots of accelerating and braking a lot will guzzle fuel. Though Honda's generally are very fuel efficent. If you have a Prelude already why would you be interested in a Celica? Since a 2.2 will be of a similar age or indeed newer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

As me awld lad always said:

The foot on the accelerator uses petrol, the foot on the brake wastes petrol.

Originally posted by RicardoSmith
    If you have a Prelude already why would you be interested in a Celica? Since a 2.2 will be of a similar age or indeed newer?

cause every now and then i get the thought that i should be driving something more sensible than a 2.2vtec on my daily 120mile commute ...... then i wake up and remember that the only reason i put up with the drive is the fact that i'm in a fun car :)

Advertisement