Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting Sky Digital in Lanzarote ?

• 15-02-2003 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Just a few quick questions about recieving Sky in Lanzarote As i am buying a private villa out there shortly and i would like to be able to watch our Irish Channels out there and as far as i know Sky would be my only option for recieving them in Lanzarote,
    1. Can i recieve sky in Lanzarote or is Lanzarote outside the satelites footprint ?
    2. What size dish would i need ?
    3. Rough Cost of the new bigger dish ?

I know all about taking out an Irish Subscribtion Here taking the Digibox and Sky Viewing Card with me,
    Just answers to the above is all i really need,

Thanks In advance,

Regards netwhizkid

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

Originally posted by netwhizkid

1. Can i recieve sky in Lanzarote or is Lanzarote outside the satelites footprint ?

Nearly all the British or Irish bars in Lanzarote have SkyDigital . None of the ones that I saw had ITV1 - the "no signal received" banner appeared instead. ITV1 is on the same Satellite as the ROI channels.

I'm not sure how big the dishes were, but you'd need something rather large to get most of the channels. I doubt you'd get the ROI ones even with a massive dish.

If you were going for a subscription, I'd go for a UK one given that most of the UK channels are available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 zak

Not sure if this is any help but one of the Bars in Purto Rico on Gran Canaria has all the Irish channels. I ask them who put in the system and they told me the guy is known as the "Dutch Man" and he works out of Gran Canaria but covers all of the islands including Lanzarote. Drop me a PM and I will get you his phone number..

Advertisement