Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill Hicks on Iraq war

Options
  • 15-02-2003 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

While it is almost now 9 years since Bill Hicks died, it is worthwhile letting people know about his comedy. If you have not heard of him - and are interested in any of the following:

the debate on drugs, war, philosophy, science, tobacco, religion, advertising, american foreign policy, sex, and so much more -

then read this

In relation to the current debate on Iraq, Bill still has relevance -

People ask me where I stood politically you know. It's not that I disagree with Bush's economic policy or his foreign policy. But that I believe he was a child of Satan here to destroy the planet Earth. Yeah, I'm a little a little to the left there, I was. I was leaning that way.

Bush tried to buy votes towards the end of the election. Goes around, you know, selling weapons to everyone, getting that military industrial complex vote happening for him. Sold 160 fighter jets to Korea and then 240 tanks to Kuwait and then goes around making speeches why he should be Commander-in-Chief because, "We still live in a dangerous world." Thanks to you, you ****er!

You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know during the Persian Gulf war those intelligence reports would come out: "Iraq: incredible weapons - incredible weapons." How do you know that? "Uh, well... We looked at the receipts Haar." "Ah but as soon as that cheque clears, we're going in." "What time's the bank open? 8? We're going in at 9." "We're going in for God and country and democracy and here's a foetus and he's a Hitler. Whatever you ****ing need, let's go. Get motivated behind this, let's go!"

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Bill Hicks is a comedy god. What he says is the original "its funny because its true" material.

I'd love to hear what he would have had to say today about the state of the world...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 GavinS

Too right DeVore - a shame he had to go and die - and let the demons run amok.

If you want to read Relentless and Revelations (unedited) go to my site - it is well worth the read. Go here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

Bill Hicks is a legend.

Worth noting that the above comments are about George Snr although father and son are equally as evil though daddy's probably less stupid (slightly).

Advertisement