Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dreamcast

Options
  • 02-09-2001 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

lads i here all this stuff about PS2,gamecube and X-Box at the moment i think the dreamcast is a good choice,
    >
    1.First of all look at the price you can buy 3 of them for the same as a PS2.(nuff said)
    >
    2. Games a re much much cheaper. [Let's keep it legal yeah? - Shinji]
    >
    3. 80% of good ps2 games are driving games ( yes, they are very good)the other 20% is ones like alone in the dark...

at the ewnd of the day DC is alot cheaper and in 6 months oi can sell it for £50 and get a ps2 for £100.

what you think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

You won't get many arguments that it was a worthy console, but I found most of the games to be too short/easy. And to the best of my knowledge, no one makes games for it anymore.

If there's one thing I hate, it's people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

All to rute the dreamcast is dead but now we get all the great games

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

all i can say to you is yes your right
    buy it you wont be dissapointed
    there's loads of good games out for it
    and most of tham are cheap with most new games being 29.99
    if you get games like shenmue,jet set radio,msr,sonic,phantasy star online,loads of street fighters,mortal kombat for a tenner,crazy taxi
    its a great system
    shame its dead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Dead my ass. IMO, as long as a console is still being bought and played, it's far from dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

the DC would be a good buy atm for the price and the games are certainly cheaper than PS2 just one thing is the DC online service for free ?

Pleasure Is The Path To Joy \0/
    www.pathtojoy.org

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Local call charges apply , which is a Bítch when you get stuck playing PSO for hours without realiseing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

the DC ain't dead... hell the SNES ain't even dead.

flame me! wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

er, superman... [Hush. - Shinji]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

[Too right it's not - Shinji]

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Or, if you want to be above board you could nip over the border to Northern Ireland: Currys are selling them for STG£5 a pop smile.gif

Rich dans les Dublin a Douze, c'est les poof de la grande. Magnifique.

Maiow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I finally got Sega Bass Fishing and the rod controller during the week, and that's pretty much proved why I dig my DC so much. Instantly playable, instantly addictive. We've already had a drunken fishing championship at the weekend.

Today, I found http://www.dcemulation.com , which I'm sure is going to pretty much make me cry tears of joy when I try out some of the stuff tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Worth getting/keeping for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

i didnt mean its dead,like noones playin it
    i ment shame its "dead" meaning that sega arent making any more consoles or marketing it anyway
    this the best system out atm by far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

well not dead just not being made and it will be run out eventully which is a shame its just goes to show you need marketing for a big sucees great well thought out games wont sell consoles if only a few people know about them.

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

The dreamcast is not dead! well for the time being anyway. There will always be ppl playing old consoles and looking for old games for old consoles! Why just last year i bought a game for my snes! I agree with balfa LONG LIVE THE SNES!!!

The Millenium Bug, You mean Han Solo's ship is coming here in the year 2000?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

If the DC Had free internet access it would fly off the shelves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Yep, it's September 9th, the Dreamcast was released in America 2 years ago this date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Is it possible to buy one of those much-touted DC ethernet adapters anywhere in Ireland?
    Hell - is it possible to buy them over the www?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lildevil

is it true that u can go on any website with the dc?i am sharing a pc atm and want one of my own and thought a DC would b a better option for me,i want one but am unsure as i want to keep playing my webgames too.

You can use the DC to go to any site, but unless you buy a keyboard, typing's a bitch. A PC is a hell of a lot better for the internet(DC can't e-mail attachments, can't use chat progs like irc, can't d/l things, and so on).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭aliesneo

Hey.
    i got a dreamcast for sale.
    Very cheap aswell.
    5 months old
    comes with 1 joypad 1 keyboard
    and 10 games
    email me if interested
    justindolan@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sell stuff on For Sale, post a link to the For Sale post here, there's a good led.

would i be able to use the webchat on mechwars game for chatting with a dreamcast?

I'm pretty sure you would, but like I said, typing would be a total bitch.

great thanks!
    im going to buy a keyboard for it too so i should b ok

Advertisement