Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to dEUS?

Options
  • 15-02-2003 7:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

I know Craig Ward has been involved with the Frames and has produced other bands but does anyone know if the other guys are going to release some stuff?

Would be good to hear if Tom Barman has any solo stuff out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

i went to the tom barman gig at the end of 2001 and he said they'd be releasing a DVD and album in 2002, didn't hear anything about them. All i've seen in the last year is the singles collection

Apparently he's working on a film now....

"So what have dEUS been up to since their last concert at Rock Werchter on June 28th, 2002? dEUS, the band, has since then gone back into "hibernation". As most of you will know by now, Tom Barman has been very busy working on his first feature-length film ´Any Way The Wind Blows´. The Film editing stage has finished and they´re currently in the Sound editing stage. Post-production is expected to be finished by the end of February 2003. It is not yet certain if the film will be released before or after the summer though. It is certain however that the release of the first Magnus single, Tom´s Techno/Electro/Jazz/Blues studio project together with CJ Bolland, Peter Vermeersch and other guests, will coincide with the release of the film. The Magnus album will also definitely be released in 2003. As of May/June 2003 the individual members of dEUS will get back together to start working on a new, eagerly awaited dEUS album. This album will not be released before 2004 "

www.deus.be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i read an article on some official-ish website (can't remembe which one) a while ago which described dEUS in the past tense, so i just presumed they had split. although how many of the orginal members are actually still left in the band (not that this seems to have had any effect on their albums, as they're all - in their own way - amazing).

that singles collection: i never bought it, because i had all their albums. so what's that new song like?

dunno, i had intended giving it a gander on some listening post,
    must download sometime. anyone i know who likes deus( i can count them on one hand)has the 3 albums and why would we splash out €20+ for one bonus track?

i couldn't say how much the line-up has changed, the last album didn't specify any official line-up either just the credits for each song. dunno how much credit goes to Tom Barman but they're bloody geniuses whoever he gets in to contribute to the music.
    funkin A!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭back to front

Last I heard they were seen playing around Ireland calling themselves THE FRAMES.

Ah now thats not really fair. but strikingly obvious if I do say so myself

they wish!!!

no, i'm not big into the frames but they do have some noisier tunes on the last 2 albums that i really like and you notice the influence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

Thanks for that,I guess if we do hear anything it wont be for a good while.

Although my gut feeling is that they have split for good.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by back to front
    Last I heard they were seen playing around Ireland calling themselves THE FRAMES.

Ah now thats not really fair. but strikingly obvious if I do say so myself

The Frames wanted to sound like dEUS so much that they inserted bits of their songs into their own live. They also got Craig Ward from dEUS to help produce their last album because they liked what he did with dEUS so much. I can only presume you're joking and being true to your name - in which case I respect your smartness for getting it totally arseways on purpose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 sister_dew

the new song on the singles collection was "nothing really ends" incase you wanna download it. its one of there best i reckon.
    At Tom's solo gig he said that dEUS would be over in 2003 and that they defo haven't broken up so fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

bout time they came back over, i missed them last time they played here and im still kickin myself for it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I downloaded "nothing really ends"...
    i love it.... but it's weird.... the song doesn't end.....

after the media player says that the song is over it keeps going for another 3 mins... i find that pretty damn cool i love that band!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ASTROBOY

dEUS are still around, though theyre all working on seperate projects. One such project is a fantastic band called "millionaire" check em out. Their debut album "outside the simian flock" is petty good, sorta in a similar vein as dEUS but more leftfield.

www.lostmusic.tk

[lost]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i like dEUS just the way they are.... except maybe if they giged more... in Ireland and maybe didn't have all these side prjects to destract them....

ah who am i kidding the old dEUS is gone and now its dEUS + side projects (and films)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ASTROBOY

like i said ... millionaire,

much in common with deus;
    they're Belgian, they're great, and they're ....... Belgian.

Advertisement