Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proxy server?

Options
  • 15-02-2003 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Do I need to use the proxy server settings in IE when connected via UTV, what are the pros and cons, what does it all mean???

Still getting regular dropped connections with UTV, no problems with any other ISP!!!!

Thanks for any help:-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

I had the exact same problem with UTV, then I got rid of my winmodem (software modem) and got an external hardware serial modem. No more disconnects. If you have a winmodem then that could be your problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Thanks DMT,
    I got rid of the winmodem years ago, am now using a Diamond SupreExpress 56e Pro.

Any idea why I keep getting a pop-up saying "you're broadcasting an ip address"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

Its an advertisement.

Download 'adaware' (go search on google) and check for any spyware/advertisement-ware on your pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Or if it's more like a windows system pop up you need to disable windows messenger (different thing entirely to MSN messenger). Search for the several other threads that have been posted on the subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

No its definitely an advertisement, I know the one hes on about, I get it enough myself ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Its adware alright, I get it off some sites.

Advertisement